Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

Post by Bmyers »

Interesting video. I have my Just Right Carbine Take Down model in a bag ready to go. Makes it quick and easy to grab and go.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

After the move I plan on changing my go-bag from the one pictured earlier in the thread to the Maxpedition Entity Tech sling bag.

It is a LOT more grey man in appearance. It just fits the Sub 2K and is also specifically designed for a CCW pistol. Should make a very good, very rugged Go-Bag that doesn't look like a Go-Bag. I like that.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:45 pm
This video was dumb. Old guy is old. Best "briefcase" gun - seriously?

I'm just going to throw out a few suggestions here:

Sub2000
Glock with conversion kit
Pistol sized AR in 9mm
Pistol sized AR in 223
UZI
MP5
Mossberg Shockwave in 20g

This video was horrible. I am dumber for having watched it. To be fair - I generally like his stuff. This one just didn't hit the mark. It didn't even hit the paper IMO.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:05 pm
Mossberg Shockwave in 20g
I think Mac talked about the Shockwave a while back. I'm sure it has it's place. Perhaps a dandy truck/trunk gun, though I think I'd prefer a single-shot for the versatility. But not everyone could handle one, limited ammo, not the easiest to shoot option.

Overall I still like my Glock 45/Sub 2K decision. It simply checks a lot of boxes imo. In an emergency situation you just want to get home or get through the area where there is a problem without drawing attention. Both can fit nicely along with a few other odds-n-ends I mentioned earlier in that Maxpedition Entity sling bag. Which makes it total grey man. And the combo uses the same mags. Great defensive package.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

As for Shockwaves, in 12g more likely a product of Association of HAnd Surgeons than a needed product.

I CAN shoot a stockless 12g. I'll pass. 20g, however, fast light and effective at appropriate distances, and easier on the wrist!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bob wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:57 pm As for Shockwaves, in 12g more likely a product of Association of HAnd Surgeons than a needed product.

I CAN shoot a stockless 12g. I'll pass. 20g, however, fast light and effective at appropriate distances, and easier on the wrist!
Yeah, I have Shockwave 12 ga. NOT fun to shoot. A 20 ga would have been a better option.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

A shoulder stock would be the best option. Gimmicky guns have little real world viability.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Ronin.45 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:02 pm A shoulder stock would be the best option. Gimmicky guns have little real world viability.
A Shockwave may have some value as a truck gun and/or maybe for grizzly bear protection in Alaska or out west. It would be better than any pistol in that regard.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I think I'd still rather have a single-shot break top over the Shockwave. Those caliber inserts would have a myriad of uses in that set up. Not a go-to-war long gun of course, but from a prepper perspective it would check a lot of boxes for a truck/trunk gun.