Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

Post by Bob »

Because, you know, all that .357 sig laying around....LOL. The 40 sounds like a better choice as an extra barrel.

Still, the 19x-S2K sound like a stellar combination.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:45 am Because, you know, all that .357 sig laying around....LOL.
Well, actually 357sig and 45acp was available in my area whereas 9mm was not the last time I checked. Which is why the option of having that caliber could come in handy.
Bob wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:45 am The 40 sounds like a better choice as an extra barrel.
Not sure what you're talking about with this statement? If you're talking about the G22, it already is a 40S&W. If you're talking about the 19X, you can't put a 40S&W barrel in it.
Bob wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:45 am Still, the 19x-S2K sound like a stellar combination.
Agreed.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:45 am Still, the 19x-S2K sound like a stellar combination.
Updating this thread since I purchased the Glock 45 as it will be the pistol used with my go-bag Sub 2K as they use compatible mags. This makes a good combination imo. Compatible mags, compatible ammunition.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:19 pm Updating this thread since I purchased the Glock 45 as it will be the pistol used with my go-bag Sub 2K as they use compatible mags. This makes a good combination imo. Compatible mags, compatible ammunition.
I mentioned this briefly in another thread. For a PCC go-bag I think the perfect (near perfect for me) combo would be the Sub 2K and G22.4 in the bag (including the 9mm conversion barrel) and the G45 on person. All the G17 9mm mags would be compatible with each other and the G22 would have the additional benefit of using 40S&W. The addition of a 357sig barrel would be icing on the cake providing three platforms using the widely available and popular 9mm as the main caliber with access to two (and at some point three) calibers for the versatility.

I simply need to find a better go-bag than the one I pictured earlier in this thread. It's okay, but I don't think it's a long term durable bag.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I am officially beginning my paint masking on my AR...so soon I'll be back to the bag!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

The Maxpedition Entity Tech Bag 10L fits the Sub 2K when it folds up. Barely, but it fits. I may use this bag as my go-bag since it's grey man and much more durable and padded that the other bag I pictured earlier. May go back to the Lunada for EDC.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:40 pm So, I got a Lunada bag and I have decided to make it my "shooter go bag". By that I mean I'd like to have it as a ready-for-action, need to have a ready to shoot dedicated to combat bag.

Might grab my Zombie AR
Might grab my main AK
Might grab multiple pistols or a shotgun

Given that it is a Lunada, what would you all recommend I put in it?

Are you still using this for a go-bag or EDC?

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

It is still my Zombie AR bag....exclusively.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

This video is from a buddy on another forum :)