Taurus G2C?

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Taurus G2C?

Post by David »

Inexpensive as far as barrels go. Makes you wonder what the difference, if any, between a Taurus $50 barrel and barrels that run between $100-$200? For example, the RCM .357sig barrel I got for my USPc was $175. While it’s a good barrel, is it $125 better?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:35 am Inexpensive as far as barrels go. Makes you wonder what the difference, if any, between a Taurus $50 barrel and barrels that run between $100-$200? For example, the RCM .357sig barrel I got for my USPc was $175. While it’s a good barrel, is it $125 better?
Conversion barrels tend to be more expensive because well, they're conversion bbls. I suppose there is an expense setting up the machines to make a different caliber out of the same blank.

Taurus must be cranking out a helluva lot of G3s to sell their bbls at $50 a pop. Aftermarket G2/G3/G3c bbls are running $125-135, though some are ported and some are threaded.

So the question is do I buy a longer G3 $50 bbl or do I buy a $130 threaded bbl? Decisions, decisions. :roll:
David
Administrator

Post by David »

IIRC, Taurus is, or is one of the largest smalls arms manufacturers in the world. The G2/G3 line has been wildly popular so I have no doubt they've made a gazillion. I seem to remember that a while back they had sold more G2's during whatever year than Glock 19's (or some such stat).

Figure they must still be selling enough that they opened up that second factory in Georgia a few years back.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:30 am IIRC, Taurus is, or is one of the largest smalls arms manufacturers in the world. The G2/G3 line has been wildly popular so I have no doubt they've made a gazillion. I seem to remember that a while back they had sold more G2's during whatever year than Glock 19's (or some such stat).

Figure they must still be selling enough that they opened up that second factory in Georgia a few years back.
The $25 rebate for G3cs is still on until April 15. When I came back from my cruise the Dunham's Sports had them on sale again for $249.99. That's $20 cheaper than I paid a month or so ago. They had to have sold a million 3cs with the rebate. I got my rebate while on the cruise.
Erich

Post by Erich »

Exactly right. Standard G3 barrel. Works great. I can thread it later if I get a hankering. Wait for a minute and Taurus will advertise a no-shipping sale . . . ;)
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Erich wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:54 pm Exactly right. Standard G3 barrel. Works great. I can thread it later if I get a hankering. Wait for a minute and Taurus will advertise a no-shipping sale . . . ;)
Free shipping right now. I ordered a barrel
Erich

Post by Erich »

My man! 8-)
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I got my G3 barrel intoday. Kinda cool. Hopefully I'll get a chance to test it out up at the woods house next weekend.

Erich

Post by Erich »

Go get 'em, Hoss!

Me yesterday, up in the Sandias
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Erich wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:21 pm Go get 'em, Hoss!

Me yesterday, up in the Sandias
Sandias, as in New Mexico? Nice area.

I will be wringing the new improved G3c out this weekend up at the woods house.