Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

Post by David »

These are some videos from a former Officer and trainer that I've met on another board. He's done a series of videos on the Sub 2K that I wanted to share, particularly in Bob's Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag thread.

Several advantages of a PCC over a pistol that we've discussed in other threads. Longer sight radius for more accuracy at distance. Same with a shoulder mounted platform. Ammo compatibility with the carried pistols. In particular to the Sub 2K is the ability to fold and carry in a small backpack or even something like a racket ball bag. He makes an interesting point that folded, the Sub 2K is shorter than the shortest AR pistol yet unfolded is longer than a typical AR pistol platform.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

DO I NEED a sub 2k? No....But dang I want one!!!!

I am still masking my AR for painting.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:24 pm DO I NEED a sub 2k? No....But dang I want one!!!!

I am still masking my AR for painting.
Something that I mentioned elsewhere with a go-bag, if it is of appropriate size to accommodate, is a soft or hard armor plate. Slung over your COM it can be effective in stopping a round.

In regards to the Sub 2K, as mentioned, it has the advantage of folding into a small package that can be carried in a small pack. And it can be compatible with pistol mags which I find a big plus. To my mind, that pack I've pictured above with the Sub 2K along with a compatible Glock pistol like the 19X tossed in with some mags for both, along with some other gear would make a great option. No, not something I'm going to walk through Costco wearing, but great to toss in the vehicle for when you're away from home. It would provide a lot of options.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I think the time is getting close to start putting this in the vehicle, even for shorter trips. At least for a while. Depending on how bad things get it might be time to start carrying the bag, maybe my racquetball bag. Not wanting to however.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

One of the advantages of the Sub 2K is that you can carry concealed (at least in my state) because it is considered taken apart/down, i.e, unassembled and can't be fired when folded.

I was on the verge of getting one before Covid. Just will have to wait to see if prices ever go down again.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I think I picked one of mine up in a trade. The other I want to say I picked up for around $350ish.

I'm thinking the Sub 2K paired up with the 19X makes for a good package. I'd like to get a better bag for it though. My son just picked up a Maxpedition Envoy on sale and it is quite nice.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I occasionally saw new Sub2Ks for $379 before the virus hit. Have trouble finding them now and if available they want $2-300 more for them. Oh well.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

So - my first masking attempt totally failed. I got some new tape.

I will get that Painted, up, and running!!!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:25 am I occasionally saw new Sub2Ks for $379 before the virus hit. Have trouble finding them now and if available they want $2-300 more for them. Oh well.

I'm going to start looking for round count reviews, the above is a tad over a 1000 rounds. As he mentions, it is a benefit to get the buffer tube pad to help reduce the impact on your cheek. I've got it along with the recoil reducing ring and it makes it quite a bit more manageable in terms of felt recoil on the cheek.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I was answering a thread on GT about SHTF pistols. In this thread I've talked about pairing my G26 with my Sub 2K. Traded the G26 last year so I figured the 19X would work well paired up with the Sub 2K. And that's how I'd probably carry the pack normally. For example, wife and I are heading out of town for a couple of days this weekend and I plan to toss the go-bag pictured earlier in the back of the car. It'll have the Sub 2K and I'll toss in a 19X as well. But if it were truly a SHTF situation I'd be better off with the G22 and the 9mm conversion barrel tossed in the bag. And if/when I get a 357sig barrel for it, toss that in as well. Provides more options overall.