Dealing with injury

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Dealing with injury

Post by Mac66 »

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just ready for your vasectomy?
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Good luck Dave.

And hiding the gun is only gonna be a problem if he gets and MRI or a Colonoscopy.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Had my surgery yesterday morning. Pretty much out of it the rest of the day. Feeling better today.

In addition to the anesthesia, they did a nerve block on my right arm. That was very weird. Arm totally numb. Had mostly wore off by the time I went to sleep. Now for the healing process. I go back in 2 weeks for the sticthes to be removed.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Glad everything went well
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:53 am Had my surgery yesterday morning. Pretty much out of it the rest of the day. Feeling better today.

In addition to the anesthesia, they did a nerve block on my right arm. That was very weird. Arm totally numb. Had mostly wore off by the time I went to sleep. Now for the healing process. I go back in 2 weeks for the sticthes to be removed.
Great preparedness opportunity to practice removing yourself!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Had the stitches removed this afternoon and Xrays taken. Surgeon was pleased with how well everything is healing. The plate and screws were actually larger than I thought they would be. Still swollen and bruised in some areas but doing nicely. Got fitted for a custom, removable splint/brace which is a lot more comfortable than the post surgery bandages/splint.

Started PT today as well :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

great
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I am recovering. Swelling is still there but it's gone down. Still very stiff. When I've stretched out I can touch my thumb and each finger, pinky is a bit of a struggle. Can't make a full fist yet and thumb doesn't fully bend. Wrist bents about a third/half forward but still only slightly backwards. I can tie my shoes and do other light tasks. I'm actually typing this with both hands so that's a big plus. PT continues :)

bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Great that you are improving.

I am older - enjoy that you are improving. In other news. . .
Girlfriend is having her hand and wrist surgery redone this Friday. I also believe that last year's surgery on one of my fingers is failing. I have passed on surgery on a finger on the right hand for a while. I do exercises every day on the fingers ... and it doesn't seem to work.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

good to hear David... go slow and heal well

BD... yes , getting old sucks !
You can't fix stupid !