Your choice(s) for SHTF weapons

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Your choice(s) for SHTF weapons

Post by Ronin.45 »

Dave, I have had some serious blades, but always end up selling them because they just sit around. My favorite was probably a Spyderco Forester.

I'll have to get something again.
I have a hickory mattock handle if it comes to crushing heads.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:01 pm I'm sticking with my original choices of 9mm handgun, PCC, and rimfire, but I'll be more specific.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

aerynsun wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:01 pm
Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:01 pm I'm sticking with my original choices of 9mm handgun, PCC, and rimfire, but I'll be more specific.

That's as good as anything in a fight. Machetes have been effective weapons forever. Tools don't need to be pretty, but when you're watching TV and fondling it, pretty is nice
David
Administrator

Post by David »

These are great as well.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:43 pm Image

These are great as well.
Had one of those too in Carbon V. Cold Steel makes a ton of good choppers
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

Khuhri knife. I was trained in using it by a Nepalese more than 20 years ago in a class sponsored by Steve Tarani. I was awarded one.

I remember the police driving up when we were in the process of chopping through vertical, supported 4x4s. They never got out of the patrol car. We laughed.

The more important teachings were how to clear a trench with the knife while running and how to use it, silently, at night, without making noise.

Every room has multiple weapon systems.

The office/bedroom:Barry Dawson wakazashi, Al Mar, zt 160, Barry Dawson - and those are just fixed blades. Still, situational awareness is more important.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:20 pm
David wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:43 pm Image

These are great as well.
Had one of those too in Carbon V. Cold Steel makes a ton of good choppers
One of CS videos had them chopping through 7 free hanging hemp ropes. Very impressive.

bdc wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:04 pm Khuhri knife. I was trained in using it by a Nepalese more than 20 years ago in a class sponsored by Steve Tarani. I was awarded one.

I remember the police driving up when we were in the process of chopping through vertical, supported 4x4s. They never got out of the patrol car. We laughed.

The more important teachings were how to clear a trench with the knife while running and how to use it, silently, at night, without making noise.

Every room has multiple weapon systems.

The office/bedroom:Barry Dawson wakazashi, Al Mar, zt 160, Barry Dawson - and those are just fixed blades. Still, situational awareness is more important.
Very cool :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

As we have been going through the pandemic, lots of time to think about if we have chosen wisely.

Still happy with the choice of the G19 and PCC to match. We have several different Esee knives and have found that they have lasted well. The only downside to the Esee knives is to make sure you keep them oiled otherwise it will start to rust.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

aerynsun wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:01 pm Image
[Aussie accent on]

That's not a knife....

21" of Cold Steel brand heavy bladed FU whether the 'U" in question is a Palmetto plant or Zombie
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Blade: Fixed = my Browning hunting Bowie, folder is my Gerber Armor w/ Micarta handle

Melee: Bladed melee , rough call...a Chinese straight sword is likely my highest proficiency, but see above for pure hack it to death functionality.

Gotta go with 12" Nunchaku for non-bladed melee. Those are my spirit weapon....