Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by David »

I forgot to add that the deal included a rail adapter. This will come in handy if I decide to attach a WML.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Nice pick up. I am checking a couple LGS that are a little bit away (10 miles) to look into getting the two wheel guns on my list. Both shops are within a mile of Ruger's plant. Fingers crossed I might get to get them off the seconds list. :)
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:54 am Nice pick up.
Thanks, I was excited about picking it up. Really the only think I'll need to do is get the enhanced mag release for it. Other than that it's GTG. And I feel pretty good that I now have the four mainline semi-auto calibers (9mm, 40 S&W, 357sig and now 45acp) in the inventory.

Good luck on the wheel guns. A Ruger GP100 is one I'd want personally.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I saw a new/unfired Glock 19X for trade on AL this afternoon. Turned out to be a guy I've done a couple of deals with locally. I traded an HK P30sk that I got a while back for it. Brand new with the 1x17 and 2x19 mags and all the back straps and such. Figured this would make an additional great HD pistol. Still have my original on night stand duty.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Top with a TLR-8 and the bottom with an Olight PL-Mini Valkyrie.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I thought you were going all HK, Dave. That hankering to swap is just too strong isn't it?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:24 am I thought you were going all HK, Dave. That hankering to swap is just too strong isn't it?
Never planned on going all HK. In fact, I had made the decision a while back to have all the HD pistols Glock. That made it easier for my wife since they are all point and shoot. The P30sk was nice but it's been sitting in the case since I got it. It's a great pistol and extremely comfortable but I started to realize that if I didn't carry my P365 it would either be the G26 or USPc. So the P30sk really didn't have a specific role. So when this guy that I've dealt with before had a new/unfired 19X I figured it was a solid trade. Gives me a back up pistol to my night stand pistol and another 20-round HD pistol.

Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

My buddy at the LSG let me know something came in that I might like. After work I popped in and there it was..... A new Sig M11-A1.... It is still there waiting on the state to call back.... So tomorrow my new girl will be home. Ordered my SP101s in 22lr and 357 mag over a month ago and still waiting on those to join the stable.....
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:37 pm My buddy at the LSG let me know something came in that I might like. After work I popped in and there it was..... A new Sig M11-A1.... It is still there waiting on the state to call back.... So tomorrow my new girl will be home. Ordered my SP101s in 22lr and 357 mag over a month ago and still waiting on those to join the stable.....
You're going to have quite the collection of Sigs! Couple of my buddies from work made the move to Sig and are quite happy with them. Hope the others come in soon for ya, the SP101 is a REALLY nice revolver. Had one in 357 and one in 9mm. Another couple of guns I should have hung on to.

Live and learn :mrgreen:

Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

David wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:17 pm
Horskinator wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:37 pm My buddy at the LSG let me know something came in that I might like. After work I popped in and there it was..... A new Sig M11-A1.... It is still there waiting on the state to call back.... So tomorrow my new girl will be home. Ordered my SP101s in 22lr and 357 mag over a month ago and still waiting on those to join the stable.....
You're going to have quite the collection of Sigs! Couple of my buddies from work made the move to Sig and are quite happy with them. Hope the others come in soon for ya, the SP101 is a REALLY nice revolver. Had one in 357 and one in 9mm. Another couple of guns I should have hung on to.

Live and learn :mrgreen:
I used to have an SP101 in 38Spl. back in the day I miss it.