Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:45 pm Nice set ups! The shoulder straps would make it a lot easier if you found yourself on foot for whatever reason.
If you have to grab and go you can put one on your back and one in each hand. Some of them are quite heavy, particularly the AKs since the mags and ammo is heavier than AR stuff. Thinking about it now I should weigh each bag and make a note on the tag.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

This thread has gotten me thinking along the lines of a PCC/pistol go-bag.

I mentioned in the other thread that I just picked up a Gen 5 G19FS. Maybe I'm getting nostalgic for the 'old days' when I use to carry either a G19 or G23 (Gen 3) off-duty. But in some ways, particularly with the current situations going on, I'm thinking about carrying that G19FS in place of my P365 at least some of the time. And pairing it with my Sub 2K which takes G17 mags. They make a good combo with each other since they share mag compatibility.

I have that racquetball bag that fits the Sub 2K and is very grey man. It won't fit all the stuff you guys have in yours but it will fit, in addition to the Sub 2K, several additional mags and extra batteries for the attached tac light. I've transported this back and forth from the house to the vehicle and could even walk around with it and I don't think anyone would bat an eye since it's just a racquetball sling bag and lots of folks these days are carrying sling bags or back packs. As a defensive tool, it would increase firepower considerably.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I started putting a go-bag together with the Sub 2K I mentioned above. Main contents are the Sub 2K, two G17 spare mags (one loaded with 115 HP and the other with 147 HP), 50-round box of FMJ, small FAK with Israeli bandage and gauze, Convoy S2+ and spare batteries, and small cleaning kit, various pens and a Glo-stik on the outside for quick identification in the dark. Not a complete set up yet, but a good start. I changed from the racquetball bag to a small backpack with four zippered compartments and PALS webbing. It's in a dark, black-python scheme and doesn't look too tacticool.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I have totally dropped this project for the moment
- Bathroom renovation
- kids graduating
- guitar stuff
- cowboy shooting
- riots

But time to get back to it.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I got a small range bag when I bought my wife's S&W EZ 380. It's her nightstand gun so she doesn't use the bag. I has pouches on one side for 6 mags and two bigger pouches on the other side for other stuff. Those pouches were originally for ear muffs and shooting glasses. I've been carrying it in my car/truck with my Glock 22 whenever I go across town. I still carry my LC9s Pro in my pocket but this is my go to or at least my fall back gun during the civil unrest.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:24 pm I have totally dropped this project for the moment
- Bathroom renovation
- kids graduating
- guitar stuff
- cowboy shooting
- riots

Probably not the best time to drop this project Bob. I'm glad I have my go-bag up and running. Still have a few items to put in but it's functional now.

Mac66 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:21 pm I got a small range bag when I bought my wife's S&W EZ 380. It's her nightstand gun so she doesn't use the bag. I has pouches on one side for 6 mags and two bigger pouches on the other side for other stuff. Those pouches were originally for ear muffs and shooting glasses. I've been carrying it in my car/truck with my Glock 22 whenever I go across town. I still carry my LC9s Pro in my pocket but this is my go to or at least my fall back gun during the civil unrest.
You ever think about getting a 9mm conversion barrel for the G22? That way the ammo is compatible with the LC9s.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:58 am
Bob wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:24 pm I have totally dropped this project for the moment
- Bathroom renovation
- kids graduating
- guitar stuff
- cowboy shooting
- riots

Probably not the best time to drop this project Bob. I'm glad I have my go-bag up and running. Still have a few items to put in but it's functional now.

Mac66 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:21 pm I got a small range bag when I bought my wife's S&W EZ 380. It's her nightstand gun so she doesn't use the bag. I has pouches on one side for 6 mags and two bigger pouches on the other side for other stuff. Those pouches were originally for ear muffs and shooting glasses. I've been carrying it in my car/truck with my Glock 22 whenever I go across town. I still carry my LC9s Pro in my pocket but this is my go to or at least my fall back gun during the civil unrest.
You ever think about getting a 9mm conversion barrel for the G22? That way the ammo is compatible with the LC9s.
Well duh...I do have a 9mm conversion barrel for it and it works well. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks. And i bought some 32 round 9mm glock mags to go with it a few months ago I forgot about. Must be getting old.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Happy to help :mrgreen:

David
Administrator

Post by David »

- Bathroom renovation
- kids graduating
- guitar stuff
- cowboy shooting
- riots

Yeah, probably a good time to really put some thought into this project.

Started thinking this morning that I have room in that small back pack to include a pistol like my G19.5FS. That would be ideal to include due to the compatibility of magazines.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Couple of pics of my Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag.

It's a cheap no-name bag sorta like a Maxpedition Falcon II. No where near the quality of a Maxy, but I used it for work and it's doable for now. In the photo above you can see I have one of my Glo-Stiks attached to the front. It's easy on/off and can make it easy to identify in the dark if/when needed.

Opened up on the large compartment I have my folded up Keltec Sub 2K with WML. Pretty much a perfect fit. Mac will recognize the knife, it's a Bahco Carpenter knife aka Mora knife that is scary RAZOR sharp. Small IFAK that also has a couple of extra 18650 batteries.

The other compartments contain;
  • Couple of Glock 17 mags
  • Box of 50 FMJ extra
  • Universal gun cleaning kit like I have pictured on page 1
  • Israeli bandages
  • Convoy S2+ flashlight
  • Sawyer Mini Filter
  • Pens, chapstick, Bic knock-off light
er and a few other odds and ends

It's a work in progress. Gives me just over 100 rounds of 9mm in the bag to compliment what I have on my person. My vision is that this is the go-bag I'd toss in the car if I were heading out of town on a trip. If that were the case I'd switch up my EDC on-body to my G26 for compatibility. Or at least toss the G26 in the bag for a spare. There's room for a pistol as well.