Watch oil for a bottom in the Stock Market

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
aerynsun

Re: Watch oil for a bottom in the Stock Market

Post by aerynsun »

Oil closed at 33 today.

I have XLE on my buy list. I'll probably start buying on Monday. Especially if it is a down day.

I break up my purchases into 4 or 5 purchases. I'm not in a rush.

If oil goes to the 20s I might miss some of the upside. But during normal times it will be about 60.

This doesn't mean we are at the absolute bottom of the general stock market and I'm not buying general stocks at this time. Just that Oil is near its low and the risk is lower then other stocks.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Trying to call the bottom is a fools game. But recognizing it is a clean 20% from the top and will spring back? Super win!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I paid $1.95 at Costco yesterday. Might go even lower as POTUS just ordered a topping off of the Federal Reserve.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:35 am I paid $1.95 at Costco yesterday. Might go even lower as POTUS just ordered a topping off of the Federal Reserve.
We're at $1.68 here. Harder to take advantage of the cheap gas when no one is going anywhere though.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Screw gas - the Dow is at 2k. Dive baby dive!!!!!!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:55 am Screw gas - the Dow is at 2k. Dive baby dive!!!!!!
Yep, I’m fine with it falling right now as we’re planning on doing some investing and then riding the wave when it comes back. And it will come back strong and soon.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

The current thought is that gas is going to go under $1 per gallon at some point. That would be kinda super nice :)

Strayz

Post by Strayz »

David wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:13 am The current thought is that gas is going to go under $1 per gallon at some point. That would be kinda super nice :)
That would cripple the rest of the world letting them know that there governments are killing them not so slowly by having prices at 4-6 dollars a liter.

It would also mean a lot of companies start shutting down production until prices go back up.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.