Building a new home

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Building a new home

Post by Bmyers »

Now you are starting to sound like the land of Oz....Pythons and Gators and Bears, Oh My! :)
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Starting to get comfortable in the new house. Still don't have most of the 'heavy' furniture over yet like dressers and wall units. But enough that we're comfy.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Glad you are enjoying the new home.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Hope that you are enjoying.

I have lived in the same house for over 40 years. In reflecting on what would have made live easier, I would have done the following things when I moved in and had it done professionally:
1. floor the attic and have lighting installed.
2. have the shelving put in the garage and the lighting upgraded.
3. have external electrical outlets on the driveway and back and front of the house.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

bdcochran wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:21 am 1. floor the attic and have lighting installed.
Done.
bdcochran wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:21 am 2. have the shelving put in the garage and the lighting upgraded.
Done.
bdcochran wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:21 am 3. have external electrical outlets on the driveway and back and front of the house.
Done. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

It's going on 3 years since we built out house in the woods. Just starting to get things finished in terms of landscaping etc. Just finished a big deck off the back of the house, still working on the yards, driveways etc. etc. Takes a lot longer when your don't live there full time but are only there 2 or 3 days a week. My daughter is getting married at the woods house in Sept so the push is on to get everything done.

That got me wondering how you are doing in your new house? Did you ever buy a golf cart?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Haven't bought a golf cart (yet) but have been enjoying the new house and location immensely. Just looking out the back sliding glass door on a daily basis brings a smile. Gators in the pond, a large assortment of birds (some nearly 2/3 my height), deer and just today we had three otters running across the back yard.

It's beautiful to see the pond still with the woods on the far side reflected. Its also beautiful when it's windy and/or raining and watching the waves and sheets of water across the top.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Everything sounds nice, except the gators. You can keep the gators.