Ukraine - what's the outlook here?

For all discussion related to politics issues.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Ukraine - what's the outlook here?

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:07 amWag the Dog....
Please explain that as of today....
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Do you trust what the MSM is reporting?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Explain the Wag the Dog factor. MSM does not count I haven't believed them for a long time. Tell me how this war is a Wag the Dog event. I have seen the movie. How is Putin invading Ukraine like that?
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Bmyers wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:33 am

Now let's look at modern day events. Russia, invaded Crimea in March of 2014 in an annexation back to the motherland. Various countries put sanctions in place, but nothing of great substance just as in WWII when Germany annexed Austria.  
Russia then decides that they want Ukraine even though Russia and the US, UK had all agreed in the Budapest Memorandum (signed in 1994) that if Ukraine would give up their nuclear weapons that Russia would not invade them and that the US and UK would defend them.
So, here we are today, with the traditional allied powers doing what they normally do first, sanctions. Just as Germany did, violated the agreement with the nations and did what they wanted to do, we see Russia doing the same. Most US citizens and the world as a whole probably have never heard of the Budapest Memorandum nor the commitment that Western nations made to Ukraine to protect them if they gave up the nuclear weapons (realizing at the time Ukraine was the third largest nuclear power in the world. 

Says it all.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

1. There will be no nuclear war because in 2012 the Ukraine and the PRC signed an agreement that the PRC would protect the Ukraine.
2. Both Russia and the Ukraine have diligently implemented the Minsk2 Protocols so I fail to understand why there is a conflict.
3. After WW 1, Germany had access to its eastern territory over 6 rail lines in exchange for a fixed annual sum. Germany stopped paying during the Depression and lost the rights. Later, Poland offered access through two previous lines for an annual rental. Hitler refused and offered to build a highway under total German control.

As Sam Goldwyn said, an oral agreement isn't worth the paper it is written on.

As you will also recall, the aging fleet of 14,000 postal vehicles were going to be replaced by fuel efficient electric vehicles to be made in Detroit. Well children, the fleet will be gasoline powered, get 8.4 miles to the gallon, .4 miles better than the current and be built in South Carolina. Governments and politicians do lie
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:43 am Explain the Wag the Dog factor. MSM does not count I haven't believed them for a long time. Tell me how this war is a Wag the Dog event. I have seen the movie. How is Putin invading Ukraine like that?
Because what you think is happening...isn't. I'll ask you; how do you know Russia invaded Ukraine (as in they just want the territory because)? I have friends of the family living in Ukraine saying that what is being shown on the MSM isn't actually happening. Alternative media (which has a better track record than the MSM) is reporting that Putin is attacking DS sites in the Ukraine as a means of SD as well as going after the global elite. They are saying that there are US backed bio-weapon facilities in the Ukraine that Russia is destroying.

Put it another way, if Hillary, Joe, Soros, Gates, the radical left and hollywood are FOR Ukraine then I'm for Russia. Because those lefty folks don't have a really good track record of telling the truth or doing what is in the best interest of anyone but themselves.

March Madness, Full-Scale Attack, Nothing Is What It Seems – Ep. 2715

https://x22report.com/march-madness-ful ... s-ep-2715/
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

David wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:52 pm

Put it another way, if Hillary, Joe, Soros, Gates, the radical left and hollywood are FOR Ukraine then I'm for Russia. Because those lefty folks don't have a really good track record of telling the truth or doing what is in the best interest of anyone but themselves.

Now you got me questioning it.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Don't believe the MSM is the bottom line. We listen to alternative U.S. media as well as media overseas. Very different stories from what is being spoon fed the U.S. public. I linked the X22 report in my post above. That's just ONE alternative source out of a plethora. Listen to him and contrast with what the MSM is pushing.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Oh there is no doubt the US Propaganda machine is in full overdrive. Here is the best - and most Ironic thing I have heard:

I trust the Russian State media more. Why? Because I KNOW the US media has lied to me over and over.

I don't know that I'm exactly for Putin either...I can be against both of sides. But to quote Reagan - "Every time we have made a deal with Russia, we have been the ones who broke the deal"

The classic example..."The resistance in Ukraine is slowing Russia"

Ummm - no. That is a fail at face value. Period. There is a Kiev because they decided not to flatten it.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »