Two recent terror attacks

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Two recent terror attacks

Post by Bob »

I'm so glad that patriot act that lets .Gov view even my emails is in place to protect us from that pilot guy...D'oh!

As for Tampa - I can't believe how long it took him to draw and shoot. Need more training!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

That's the problem with being caught off guard and also being indecisive. There was another Officer who responded, you can see him running towards the scene through the parking lot in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I was unclear if it was the Officer under attack or the responding Officer that did the shooting...or both.

When someone has pulled a knife, attacked you with it and is actively slashing at you it's not the time to yell 'stop', it's time to take whatever action is necessary to stop the attack, period. It's not just the Officer in danger. It's anyone else that might be coming out of that building or walking through the parking lot.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I watched that vid. Two comments:

1 - nice jump back on his part, and more than enough time/space to draw and shoot
2 - her blade handling? No need to draw and shoot. Could have easily stabbed her with her own blade
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

video link ?
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:19 amvideo link ?
It was in the second to last reply on the first page. I'll repost:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/breaking- ... olice-say/

Video is at the header of the article.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".