Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

Post by Bob »

Well, as it said in THE FIRST POST - none of that. A dedicated shooting bag; a Ready-Go-Defend with an AR pistol bag.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Bob wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:00 pm Well, as it said in THE FIRST POST - none of that. A dedicated shooting bag; a Ready-Go-Defend with an AR pistol bag.
Yea, I read that. But does that mean that it is just to go to the range? Or do you keep it in your car or house? And you don't have another type of bag with you.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

No - it would be in addition to other bags (see my bags in another area of the forum - top gear I think).

Not even for the range. Literally a Zombie Attack bag.
- Might toss on to go outside
- Might toss in car to bug out
- Might toss to someone else because I'm shooting an AK during civil unrest ("Here you go Mr. AR shooter - everything you need is in there; Ammo etc...Let's go!")
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Bob wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:17 pm No - it would be in addition to other bags (see my bags in another area of the forum - top gear I think).

Not even for the range. Literally a Zombie Attack bag.
- Might toss on to go outside
- Might toss in car to bug out
- Might toss to someone else because I'm shooting an AK during civil unrest ("Here you go Mr. AR shooter - everything you need is in there; Ammo etc...Let's go!")
Ok. You might consider adding:
ASP Baton
Long fixed knife or machete
Bear Spray ... not for bears
Para cord for Z trip wire
Suppressed 22 with subsonic ammo

I'll assume you other things like face mask and other survival gear.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Knife (Folder) is already there. Will likely add another.
Definitely Paracord going in because, paracord.

No suppressed .22. Maybe AR suppressor if I ever get one of those.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Just looks like an excuse to carry a purse to me...

:D
... Just a Dude...
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Yeah, well, my purse is full of 75g 5.56 Hornady lipstick. Want a kiss big boy? :lol:
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Been thinking about this topic in conjunction with the threads we have on SHTF guns as well as trunk/truck guns. With all the violence breaking out in different parts of the country it may be prudent to up the home as well as mobile defenses a bit. I'm sure most of us carry an EDC firearm. The Go-Bag isn't a bad idea for 'at-home' as well as traveling.

I have a small, inexpensive back pack that I'm curious about using. A bit larger than the Lunada Bob has pictured in the OP but still pretty small. I'm curious if it would fit the Sub 2K when it's folded up? I know the racquetball bag I have works for the Sub 2K in the folded position. And it has a couple of pockets for spare mags and such (like extra batteries for the attached light). It doesn't have the same amount of storage as the other back pack but it is a lot more grey man.

Thinking about this because it takes the same mags (Glock 17) as either the G26.4 or G19.5 that I have (or even the G22.4 with 9mm conversion barrel). Originally thinking about it for longer away-from-home trips but not a bad idea for general uses either right now.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Here are SOME of my rifle Go bags. Each is tagged with what's in it. The rifle is on one side of the tag for easy ID, other contents listed on the back. I also note the last time I shot/sighted in the rifle.

In addition to the rifle (mostly ARs & AKs) each bag contains 6-8 loaded mags and/or up to 200 rounds, cleaning gear, mag pouches and some basic survival stuff (light sticks, fire making stuff, FAK, etc, etc). Got those bags at Palmetto when they go on sale. Each has shoulder straps for backpack carry. There are so many pockets in them that if filled you literally couldn't pick them up.

Last edited by Mac66 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Nice set ups! The shoulder straps would make it a lot easier if you found yourself on foot for whatever reason.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".