Sig P322

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Strayz

Sig P322

Post by Strayz »

Well, I did it again...

walked into the local fun store... They had a new sig there calling my name...

The sig P322.. It is a great little .22 I have about 500 rounds through it now and I have to say 2 things.

20 round mags feel like you are shooting all day compared to most .22's that have 10 round magazines. I went back after the first range trip and bought the last 3 spare mags they had. So I am up to 5. I think I am going to need 5 or so more. I have not seen them but there are rumors that sig has made 25-round mags as well.

It is a great almost best suppressor host I own for .22 pistols.

I picked up one of Sigs micro red dot sights to put on it when I bought it. Yes I am slowly transitioning to red dots as my eyes are old and well, I am not 21 years old anymore either.

Overall it is a solid 9 out of 10 as I am still breaking it in. All ammo I have tried it has worked with. I just did a small add oil and I will clean it out around 1500 rounds or so. If I get no jams or FTF or FTE I will declare victory!

I was pleasantly surprised with its performance and will say I think it is worth the $455.00 that I paid for it. Accessories added quite a bit to the price but I was prepared to pay a lot more when I found the price on all of the internet pages. my local fun store has been very good to me on prices. Sig red dot site was $150.00, Magazines were 29.99 each. Do I feel this is a good price point for $450 to $500, for 450 yes, at the higher end less so but Ruger 22/45's are going for more than 5 bills these days as well.

Overall the ergos are similar to the P365 but larger, and in my tiny hands, they were very good. The texture that sig is using these days is good for a day worth of shooting. it did not get slimy or slick after 2-3 people all tried out the newest .22

The stock sites are the fiber optic green dots and work very well. The recoil is a .22 so bring Ice after a day of shooting this punishing cartridge. (joking)

Loading the Magazines, ah yes. it is not painful and I did not need to bring my finger savers as Sig includes a mag loader in the box. You can load the mags without the mag loader it will just be like living 20 years ago and loading mags for your High Standard, or Colt woodsman. The Mags are polymer and lightweight. springs may be a bit stiff but time will tell for the magazines.

Well done Sig.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Sig P322

Post by Mac66 »

Congratulations!

For some reason I've never been attracted to anything Sig. I am however a sucker for 22s so I'll have to give this one a look see.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Congrats and enjoy. Pistols in .22 are just straight up fun to shoot!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

As a side note, I am looking at getting a Rugged Mustang for this little shooter. I am thinking that a light weight suppressor is the right answer for this gun.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.