Building a new home

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
David
Administrator

Re: Building a new home

Post by David »

Had our meeting with the builder today. Very good meeting. Closing is scheduled for October 28th barring any delays. He is still waiting for Carrier to sent out the AC units so we'll see if they do in a timely fashion or if it delays us. But at least we have a tentative date.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

That is great. Getting so close. You will be moved into the new homestead before you know it.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

AC was installed last week! Not sure if we're still on schedule for the 28th. I'll hopefully get an update on Monday.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

So far we are on schedule to close on the 28th, which is right around the corner. We have our initial walk-through this Wed so I'll be able to verify that then.

We had our own inspector in last Friday. He found many things but nothing major. While he was there one of the trades workers was there doing some punch list work and said they were prioritizing our home to make sure it meets closing time. He stated that there was a lot of punch list work to be done. Again, nothing major. It's down to the detail work now such as painting, caulking, trim work etc. And then they have to have a cleaning crew come in as well.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Our final walk through is tomorrow and closing on Thursday. Yay :D

Bogart

Post by Bogart »

Congratulations, enjoy your new house. It's quite a process.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

So Thanksgiving will be in the new home?
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

we'll all be there :)
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bogart wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:09 am Congratulations, enjoy your new house. It's quite a process.
Man, you're not kidding! It's been a real experience seeing it from an empty piece of ground to what it is now. Been a very good education.
Bmyers wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:01 am So Thanksgiving will be in the new home?
Very probably not. Monday starts the renovation on the kitchen. Sounds odd to say since it's a brand new house. But my wife wanted a walk-in butlers pantry and different cabinets as well as the island moved. So we'll take down the existing kitchen that came with the house and do it the way she likes. That is likely to take a couple of weeks or more.

I'll be moving a car full of stuff every time I go to the house but the main stuff isn't coming until after the kitchen is installed. There's no rush as we own the home we're in now.

However, it looks like we will be having Christmas at the new home so that gives us some time to get in and settled. :)
tom mac wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:04 am we'll all be there :)
Everyone's welcome :)

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Congrats and enjoy the new home whenever you get moved into it.