Anticipate and accept failures by others

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
bdc
Board Founder

Anticipate and accept failures by others

Post by bdc »

This encompasses just the last 24 hours.

Blood drive.
I gave up on donating through the Red Cross. A couple of months ago, the VA facility was boarded up closed - despite the website saying it was open. And no, it was not the first time that the Red Cross facility was closed when the web site said it was open. I switched to Cedars-Sinai in Beverly Hills. I could not log in last night for an appointment - failure of software. I gave a double donation today, and as soon as I got home, I had to go back because they had not obtained a signature - or they would throw out the donation.

Firefox browser
The Feds warned today to update. It took one hour, including failures.

eBay
For the second time in two months, a vendor sent only one-half of an order. Three months ago, I reported that a vendor was selling 18650 battery inserts that would not work in 6 different flashlights.

You have to anticipate when shtf emergency services will not be available. (It was an old lady, a boy scout and myself holding down one sheriff's substation with locked doors while the regular staff was 30 miles away in battle). You have to anticipate that you most likely are going nowhere and have to hunker down in place.

If you are a parent, you already know that your kid(s) will never clean out their rooms when they leave home for good. My older brother had 4 daughters. One of them is in her 40s and her junk is still in the bedroom. I moved my kids stuff to storage, finally had the time to examine 36 boxes, reduced it to 6 and shipped them to him -still unopened 10 years later.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Anticipate and accept failures by others

Post by Bmyers »

I know I still have stuff at my parent's house, been out on my own for over 25 years.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Anticipate and accept failures by others

Post by tom mac »

I put all my kids stuff in the basement on shelves... gonna let them finally clean it up when wife and I are gone. :)
You can't fix stupid !