Ruger Security 9?

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

Ruger Security 9?

Post by Mac66 »

There is a a like new Security 9 for sale on my local gun forum. Comes with 3 loaded mags. Asking $300, but I can get it for $275.

Don't know much about them but for under $300 it would give me decent truck, utility 9 mm.

Maybe I'm wrong but I seem to remember them going for btwn $225 & $250 before the virus hit.

Seems like a decent deal.
Bogart

Re: Ruger Security 9?

Post by Bogart »

You should go for it, an extra is always good to have and it's not a bad price. Look it over for any bubba smithing first.

Shine on
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bogart wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:31 pm You should go for it, an extra is always good to have and it's not a bad price. Look it over for any bubba smithing first.

Shine on
The story is that the owner bought it for his college age daughter who lives off campus. He bought it awhile after they came out (2018) but before the virus so got it pretty cheap. Said he only shot two or three mags through it so is like new. His daughter wanted something smaller so he's selling it.

I know it's not a Glock, Sig or Smith or high end gun but Ruger's are pretty reliable and accurate. I thought it would be a good option for others in my family who are looking to get into getting into shooting and their concealed pistol license. Though not a carry gun, it's something and is economical as a first handgun.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

IIRC they come with two mags when new. If so the extra mag is a nice bonus. Basically a larger version of the LCP II chambered in 9mm. I've not seen any negative reports though I haven't done an in-depth search on them. Seem to be around the $350 mark online so for $275 it is likely going to make a dandy pistol. Very good capacity with 15+1.

I'd say go for it.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I passed on it. I thought it was a good deal on a decent gun but I just didn't need it right now. The guy had 2 other buyers lined up if I didn't want it so it went quick.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

There will always be a good deal down the road. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".