Building a new home

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Building a new home

Post by tom mac »

alligator tail fried up is great with beer !!!
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:00 am alligator tail fried up is great with beer !!!
It is absolutely a tasty dish. And it's a great area for fish with Tarpon Springs being so close.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Our roof trusses and lumber arrived Monday (March 29th). Work began on Tuesday (March 30th). Here is the progress in the last 5 days.

Front of the house.

Back of the house.

Interior so far.

Very exciting to see it taking shape and to be able to see the individual rooms and such.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Is that sniper spots on the second level?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:23 am Is that sniper spots on the second level?
No, but the birds sure did enjoy flying in before they finished :D

Wife and I were out there tonight. They've been doing plumbing the last couple of days. We have bath tubs and pipes installed. Gas lines are installed. Shouldn't be long before the windows and sliding glass door get installed. After that the roof and roughing in the electric will likely be the next trades that go in before our pre-dry wall walk-thru.

aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

David wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:13 am We have walls!

Why cinderblock walls instead of lumber?

I like them but I don't see cinderblock construction much.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

That's the way all construction is done in this area. We have steel running through the block, then concrete poured into the block from top to bottom to connect the walls to the slab which is a foot and a half deep. Part of the hurricane codes that have developed over the years.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Windows and sliding glass doors are installed. :)

bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

great on the new house.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

looking good... when's the party !
You can't fix stupid !