Viewable/downloadable U.S. Army Field Manuals

Post your resource links, articles, videos as well as your reviews on books, movies, videos etc.
David
Administrator

Viewable/downloadable U.S. Army Field Manuals

Post by David »

Use this link to view and download the various U.S. Army Field Manuals. It's a ton of information.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Smoke

Re: Viewable/downloadable U.S. Army Field Manuals

Post by Smoke »

I would recommend a trip to your local Surplus Store also. You can't break an actual book
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Agreed, sometimes it comes in handy to have the book in your hand. I have both of Cody Lundin's books for example, as well as on my ipad.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

This is what I have attempted to do:
1. two copies of every unit manual, one in a file drawer and one with the unit, when possible. A unit is a knife/refrigerator, handheld radio/piece of camping gear or any other item. When possible, the unit and a manual is put in some sort of covering like a clear plastic box/a zip bag or whatever.
2. usb keys with skills: knife sharpening/rope knots/traps/compass skills/map reading and so forth.
3. yes, I keep skills manuals. Most of the Army manuals are useless.
4. I received some night vision equipment which I will test this week. I go beyond the manuals. I go into say Amazon and into to the question and answer section. I copy the important questions and answers. Then paste or join it with the manual and made two copies. I made usb key backup as well. Remember, it wasn't too long ago (in some instances 40 years or even 10 years) when there was no xerox or copy machine, no internet with questions and answers and manuals were poorly written and easily lost.