Building a new home

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
David
Administrator

Re: Building a new home

Post by David »

They have framed in the outline of the home and filled it with dirt to raise the elevation. We will meet with our Construction Manager early next week and it will be off to the races. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

So we went out to the property last Tuesday and were pleasantly surprised to see that they had framed in the outline of the house and had mounts of dirt ready to raise the foundation. The main pile of dirt was 10 feet high.

Went back out Wednesday and they had filled in the interior.

Tomorrow is our pre-construction meeting. We are very excited :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ghost
Board Founder

Post by Ghost »

Hey David that bird that you're looking at is called a sandhill crane in Texas it's called ribeye of the sky you normally see two that stay together and in the spring you'll see a little fuzzy baby it'll be Brown if you mess with it the larger cranes will attack you
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Wife and I were out at the property this afternoon. They've completed the plumbing and electric to the house. Have it all prepared for the pouring of the foundation on Tuesday on next week. We meet with the builder on Monday to go over the progress so far. We're very excited :)

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Getting exciting!
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Is flooding ever an issue in that area?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

It can be depending on the zone that you live in. We are in a zone that doesn't require flood insurance.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

They poured the slab today. They started at 6am, we got out there about 7am. We didn't need to be there but we had a meeting with our builder the day before and he recommended that it was really something to see. He was absolutely right. It was an 8 man crew and these guys operated like a well oiled machine. Took 7-8 trucks plus a huge rig that we were told cost half a million. It was a cross between a semi and a crane and was the pump they used to pour the concrete. The cement trucks would pour into the back and the huge crane/hose was directed electronically while the crew did their various tasks. Really pretty amazing to watch. I was amazed at how quickly it dried to the point they could walk on top. Then they had these machines that looked like upside down fans to 'polish' the top of the concrete after it had dried enough. Foreman said the concrete never stops curing but after two days they can start putting up the block walls. We are anticipating the block to go up Friday and it gets done in one day which is pretty impressive. I'll post some pictures later.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

One step closer to moving into the new home.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:10 am One step closer to moving into the new home.
Yep :D

We're very excited about it. Couple of photos of the slab.

Concrete blocks are suppose to be delivered today and put up tomorrow. We'll see if it all goes with that schedule.