SA Hellcat breakage

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

SA Hellcat breakage

Post by David »

It seems that firing pin breakage is being reported on the HC. To be honest, I could have predicted this and have no sympathy for the folks that had to rush out and be the first on their block with the latest/greatest and start a thread that they just bought one. They paid to be a beta-tester as far as I'm concerned. They should have learned their lesson based on others experience with the G26, G42, G43, P320 and P365 just to name a few. It took me more than a year and a half to even think about getting the P365. I watched it and when it seemed the bugs had been worked out and round counts were getting respectable I then, and only then decided to get one.

My policy is to wait a least a year before jumping on any latest/greatest bandwagon.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: SA Hellcat breakage

Post by Ronin.45 »

Never jump on any new product before they work out the bugs.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

On the other hand...What difference does it make if you buy it sooner, it breaks and they fix it or wait until they've been on the market awhile? If you buy it sooner you'll at least have it. Most companies will fix or replace it under warranty if there is a problem.

Having said that I usually wait until a product has been out on the market awhile and there are plenty of reviews on it. But mostly I wait until after the supply catches up with demand and the price drops to a decent level.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

What if you pull it out in a defensive shooting and it doesn’t work? That’s a bad time to find out your firing pin had a piece shear off. This is telling me that SA, like Sig, didn’t put enough time into testing the unit prior to shipping. inconvenient if the product is a blender, unacceptable if it’s something like a firearm or tire or any product your life depends on.

Even though I waited on the P365 and mine are 2019 make and thus the latest models with the design changes, there is still a small part of me that wishes Glock had a comparable offering. I don’t consider the G43 or the ‘X’s as comparable. Part of me does consider going back to the G26.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Dark side.jpg
Dark side.jpg (8.66 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:13 pmDark side.jpg
:mrgreen:

I wish the G43 were the size of the G42 but had a higher capacity. I did like the G43 I had a while back but just didn't feel comfortable with the 6-round capacity. Base plate extensions helped but the whole package was too large, imo, for what it offered. I figured I was better off with the G26 for all the benefits it offered.

I really want the P365 to continue to be a solid performer now that Sig got it's head out of it's...bottom line. I feel they didn't address the issues in the right way but that's old news now. The new changes instituted last year seemed to have corrected the issues and I've seen 11K+ round counts which is respectable. No idea what kind of round count it's actually capable of and my gut says that it isn't going to be at Glocks level, but there is a point where enough is enough.