Night stand pistols

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Miami_JBT

Re: Night stand pistols

Post by Miami_JBT »

David wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:23 am
Ronin.45 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:57 am Having the one oddball in the nightstand probably wouldn't be my choice, but it's not a big deal. Any of them will get the job done.
That's actually why I was thinking about having the one 40 S&W take the night stand role. Although I'm sure my wife could handle it in a pinch (It's not like it's a 44 magnum), the majority of pistols she'd likely use in a HD situation would be 9mm. She's more use to 380acp and 9mm than any other caliber. I'm fine with any of them so the G22 being my primary for bed side makes sense (at least too me, lol). Only downside is that it doesn't share mags with the Sub 2K's. But then I really can't envision a realistic scenario where I'm going to need to interchange pistol and PCC mags anyway so it's likely a moot point to be concerned with.
Mrs. Miami_JBT's handguns of choice are the following. Her Ruger LCPII, Browning 1911.380 Black Label, or her Beretta PX4 Storm SD .45 Auto.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Wife keeps her pink LCP in the purse, her 380EZ in a larger purse and the G3 in the night stand.

I have an LCP II for my pocket pistol and like it quite well. Great for when ai’m in dress clothes or just around the house.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ender

Post by Ender »

HK P2000 v3 9mm. I have found this gun to be the perfect range, night stand, carry gun (for me). Took me many years to come around to the P2000 after carrying the P7, P2000sk, HK45c

She is currently paired with 13 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 +P Personal Protection.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Excellent pistol and excellent round. I also use the 124+P GD. That was my issued round for on-duty (230 grain GD for my Glock 21 duty weapon) and the 124+P GD in my off-duty 9mm's.

At some point I'd like to see about picking up a 9mm conversion barrel for my P2000.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Never had a nightstand pistol. Widowed with a small child. Never remarried, had lots of visitors.

The challenge was to find something that worked within those constraints. Like so many parents, my kid had friends who also stole things from the house. Moreover, there have been multiple home burglaries on my dead end street over the years.

Solutions: 1. a fixed blade in a sheath. Hung upside down for fast deployment on the back of every bedroom door. 2. Later I added cast iron, homemade escrima sticks near entrances.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I have a small, portable lock box. So normally, my 19X sits in the box. If company comes over I simply close and lock it. If I leave the house I lock the box and stick it somewhere that isn't so obvious. But at night it's right there in the unlocked box. I never worried about it when my son was young but now he's an adult and has his own pistol in his room.

Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Beretta 92s, one on my side and one on her side. We keep them at ready with the safety's on and loaded with various 124 gr hollow points. We both shoot these guns very well, very easy to use, very safe and more accurate than we are. We are going on 10 years since we implemented this plan. Still Need to devise a plan for the front of the house- I haven't done this yet because if I have pants on I always have a gun on me, which is almost always. We do have a G17 at ready in her office JIC...
... Just a Dude...