Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Horskinator

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Horskinator »

David wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:04 pm
Horskinator wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:19 pm Family photo.

Now you need a P365... ;)
Been looking for a SAS with manual safety.... :)
David
Administrator

Post by David »

The thing I don't like about the SAS model is that it's ported. A 9mm really doesn't need to be ported. But more importantly, if it's a CCW pistol, porting can be a detriment imo. Quite often in training we shoot CQB drills such as close in and/or from the hip. This puts the pistol close to the upper body and below the line of vision. The hot gases and particulates from the porting are going to be directed upward and very possibly towards your face. While porting is fine for a comp pistol that is held at arms length with eye protection being worn, it may not be the case in a real world SD situation. Just something I have an issue with.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

The M11-A1 shot great except the issue of making light loads that would not cycle the slide properly. Came home and fixed that issue. Looking forward to Sunday to really shoot it. It was good practice clearing jams....
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Never added a pic of my P365 with the manual safety I added.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:10 am Never added a pic of my P365 with the manual safety I added.

We could have just swapped pics since you added and I removed.
I think my indoor match at the end of the month will be BUG gun. I'll see how the 365 does in competition.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I'd like to hear your results.

mdell49

Post by mdell49 »

With California's restrictive gun laws(roster) I can't purchase any of the new models that interest me like a P365 or the XL version. As a result it's been awhile since I have made a new gun purchase. Most recent upgrade was a set of TFO sights on my CZPCR. I really like the TFO sights they help with aging eyes.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

mdell49 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:02 am With California's restrictive gun laws(roster) I can't purchase any of the new models that interest me like a P365 or the XL version. As a result it's been awhile since I have made a new gun purchase. Most recent upgrade was a set of TFO sights on my CZPCR. I really like the TFO sights they help with aging eyes.
What issue does California have with the P365?

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:30 pm
mdell49 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:02 am With California's restrictive gun laws(roster) I can't purchase any of the new models that interest me like a P365 or the XL version. As a result it's been awhile since I have made a new gun purchase. Most recent upgrade was a set of TFO sights on my CZPCR. I really like the TFO sights they help with aging eyes.
What issue does California have with the P365?
I think it's just that da commissar has to approve all new handguns.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:55 pm
ratf51 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:16 pm Those are really nice!

With that said and by comparison my post here has "performance issues" stamped all over it-- I have ordered a Sig P365. It may take 2-3 weeks to get here but the deed is done.
P365 is a nice gun. Congrats on the purchase..... Here is my M17.
What was the difference between the M17 and M18 again? Which has the larger capacity, or are they the same? How are these different from 'normal' P320 pistols? Any of the same issues that the P320 had?

I like the MS on the M17. And I've always been a fan of the ability to have different grip modules.