Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Mac66 »

Horskinator wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:37 pm My buddy at the LSG let me know something came in that I might like. After work I popped in and there it was..... A new Sig M11-A1.... It is still there waiting on the state to call back.... So tomorrow my new girl will be home. Ordered my SP101s in 22lr and 357 mag over a month ago and still waiting on those to join the stable.....
I'm not up on Sigs, never owned one, don't follow them so I had to look up what you're talking about. Looks like a well done pistol. Congrats.
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Mac66 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:02 am
Horskinator wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:37 pm My buddy at the LSG let me know something came in that I might like. After work I popped in and there it was..... A new Sig M11-A1.... It is still there waiting on the state to call back.... So tomorrow my new girl will be home. Ordered my SP101s in 22lr and 357 mag over a month ago and still waiting on those to join the stable.....
I'm not up on Sigs, never owned one, don't follow them so I had to look up what you're talking about. Looks like a well done pistol. Congrats.
Thanks. I love Sigs. Everyone I have owned has shot and felt great. The state is super slow so it gets to spend another night in jail. :(
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Sweet! Okay, educate me on the difference between this and one of the P series like a 226.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

David wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:45 pm Sweet! Okay, educate me on the difference between this and one of the P series like a 226.
Phosphate coating for internals like the 226 MK25 for corrosion resistance. Short Reset Trigger. Siglite night sights and 15+1 capacity. Also bears the Q code for inventory purposes like the MK25. The P228 (M11) was the original variant that used the rolled steel slide. The M11 was made for the military because they wanted a smaller pistol than the MK25 (P226) used by the USN Seals in some capacities and LE for plain clothes and detectives, thus the P228 (M11) was born. It has the 3.9" barrel and shortened frame compared to the 226 and it has a larger capacity than the 225-A1(13 rounds). It has the milled stainless steel slide now. The 228 (discontinued) is the predecessor to the 229 and it is due to the slide change as the dimensions are virtually the same. So now it is the P229 M11-A1.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Nice, appreciate the explanation. Sounds like it's going to be an excellent shooter and maybe a good size for carry.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

I am going to try and get to the range as I have the next 3 days off. I am anticipating it being like all my Sigs which are great shooters.
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Family photo.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Hard to choose which one I like better. Always something about the Equinox that pops!

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:19 pm Family photo.

Now you need a P365... ;)