What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

Post by tom mac »

Moved away from normal bought items during this time ( since prices were crazy and some items unavailable ) to making up buckets of things I do use...
Had a bunch of mylar bags and o2 depletors, so rice, lentils, salt, and flour went into buckets. ( price of those items are pretty stable in bulk )
Made a bunch of 1lb bags

Ended up with two buckets full
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

The wife continues to expand the garden. she has been doing more reading and purchased more pots to plant in. She is spacing things out so they are ready to harvest at different times.

She is already making plans for a much larger garden next year. If she has her way, we will build a garden large enough to solve world hunger all on our own.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Met with the builder today and went over the final plans for the new house. Should break ground next week and then about 6 weeks to build it on my hunting property. Been a long time coming.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:39 pm Met with the builder today and went over the final plans for the new house. Should break ground next week and then about 6 weeks to build it on my hunting property. Been a long time coming.
Congrats! That is very exciting. Good timing.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

THink about how much you rely upon batteries.

https://www.amazon.com/solar-battery-ch ... ry+charger
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Broke ground yesterday on the new house on the hunting property.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:00 pm Broke ground yesterday on the new house on the hunting property.
Good deal!!! Hope all goes well.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:43 pm
Mac66 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:00 pm Broke ground yesterday on the new house on the hunting property.
Good deal!!! Hope all goes well.
Debated putting in an underground bunker but decided against it. Gonna need a place to stash my guns when not there. The new house doesn't have a basement in an effort to downsize.

I still want to put up a storage building, either a pole barn or steel arch type. Maybe I'll put a bunker under that. Or put a shipping container into the side of a hill overlooking the house. However, one step at a time.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

The foundation is in. There will be a 4' crawl space under the house. Enough room to dig out a bunker if need be. ;)

The black stuff is waterproofing. The dirt will be back filled up to the top of the black stuff. Where there isn't black stuff is the garage. The white door is access to the crawl space.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Nice Mac! That is really exciting. Keep the progress pics coming :)