Deal Alert Thread

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Re: Deal Alert Thread

Post by Gnepig »

Wmart has para cord on sale, the wife has picked up 8 hanks so far of the 1100 cord for about $2.80 each.
The 550 is still the regular price at 5 bucks and change.
... Just a Dude...
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Maxpedition having another Buy One / Get One.

Stuff is expensive but good full price. For half price - amazing.
Mac66
Board Founder

Sipik 68s on Amazon

Post by Mac66 »

Sipik 68s on Amazon...5 for $14. My favorite EDC light.

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Flashli ... deals19-20
Last edited by Mac66 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac66
Board Founder

expertvoice.com

Post by Mac66 »

If you get a chance check out www.expertvoice.com. It is a conglomeration of companies that offer discounts to subject matter experts. Just about anyone can qualify as a "expert" and it's free to join. My son qualified as medical professional. I qualified as a NRA instructor. The discount on many items are actually quite good in many cases. I've been tracking scopes from Vortex, Bushnell and a few other manufacturers and they are consistently the lowest (when in stock) except when companies have discontinued or closeout prices. One thing I noticed, at least with the optics is that they are frequently listed as being "Out of Stock". If you hit the "notify me when in stock" they will often email you in a few days.

Depending on what you are an expert in determines what products you have access to. I qualified for tactical, outdoor products. There are quite a few optic companies and outdoor gear, Federal ammo, some gun companies etc, etc included.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Olight sale

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Olight sale

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:37 am https://www.olightstore.com/
Another one geared to the collectors. No new lights, just different colors. I love the Olight products, but don't get the "gotta catch them all" mentality. So many people spending thousands to get every color of a light. With the speed of technological advancement in flashlights, these are all going to be old tech in a decade. At that point, someone's $10k collection with all the colors will be worth pennies on the dollar.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

People have all kinds of hobbies :D

Mac66
Board Founder

Free book downloads

Post by Mac66 »

Ran across some free Kindle book downloads on Amazon. They include some gun and survival books. Be aware that these links may not show up on various devices. I couldn't see them on my phone or tablet but I could on my desk top computer. You can order them on you desktop and have them sent to your other devices. Don't ask me how that works I had to get my wife to do it. :D

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kin ... =UTF8&tf=1

some more...

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kin ... &pg=1&tf=1

And...some more with apocalyptic fiction mixed in.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=free+surviva ... b_ss_i_2_8
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Free book downloards.

1. Around 1972, federal agents visited the public libraries and convinced them to withdraw military manuals from circulation.

2. As you know, most US military manuals are useless, with the exception of like how to take down a Garand.

3. I put into storage a 1910 free book by a US Army Captain. Read it like 3 times. He translated the Japanese military manual of training for night fighting. It is worth a read. However, here is 510 pages of work by the US Army after WW2 on the night fighting. https://archive.org/details/JapaneseNightCombat I am old. My fighting will not be done on the flat range on a sunny day. It will be at night.

4. There are multiple projects like the "open book project" openbookproject.net. One such project is to put every book ever in print that is not currently copyrighted. You can find the websites.

5. If you sign up for free courses at MIT/Harvard, you can get written materials.

6. Your public library, when open, is a member of an inter-library exchange program. Decades ago, I would get books from across the country by paying $1.

7. Today, the libraries are closed. I have purchased about 60 books for myself from Thriftbooks and amazon (all used) for some pennies on the dollar. I also sent about 300-400 used books to young relatives in the last two years, mostly beginning readers.

Example. The Structure of Scientific Revolutions is marked $25 plus tax and I got it for $4, delivered. And with a big order, some books are free. One of the 100 best science books written since WW2. Took a long time to digest. Now I am onto Dreamtigers by J. Borges, reputedly the best poet from Argentina. If purchased new, the price would have been insane.