Skipping the NRA convention this year

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Skipping the NRA convention this year

Post by Bmyers »

Wife and I like going to them and seeing all the new toys and such. This year we have decided to skip with the virus outbreak going on. Instead, we will be fishing that weekend and enjoying a quite weekend with just her and I.
maypo59

Re: Skipping the NRA convention this year

Post by maypo59 »

My wingman and I have not made up our minds.. it's close, and that makes us not want to miss it.. But...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:39 am Wife and I like going to them and seeing all the new toys and such. This year we have decided to skip with the virus outbreak going on. Instead, we will be fishing that weekend and enjoying a quite weekend with just her and I.
Sounds like it will be a good weekend for both of you. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

National Rifle Association cancels annual meeting

The National Rifle Association has canceled its annual meeting, slated for next month in Nashville, due to concerns over the coronavirus outbreak, according to a statement.

“Please know that we did not reach this decision lightly,” the NRA said in a statement. “We were ultimately guided by our responsibility to help ensure the safety and well-being of our NRA members, guests and surrounding community.”
The meeting, scheduled for April 16-19, would have been the group's 149th, according to the statement.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Now you can enjoy the weekend fishing while not missing anything.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I was planning on, but this happened

Illinois State Museum, Branches to Close Until Further Notice
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – To prevent the further spread of COVID-19, the Illinois State Museum (ISM) today announced the closure of its flagship facility in Springfield as well as its Research and Collections Center, also located in Springfield, Dickson Mounds Museum in Lewistown and the Lockport Gallery in Lockport. All affiliated locations will remain closed until further notice.
“What our patrons love most about our facilities – the opportunity to interact exhibits, patrons and staff – also is of greatest concern at this time,” said Illinois State Museum Director Cinnamon Catlin-Legutko. “We know this decision is the best course of action to ensure the safety of patrons who visit our facilities as well as our dedicated staff.”
The ISM will work with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Pritzker Administration to assess the optimal time to reopen facilities.

Effective Immediately: Illinois Department of Natural Resources Closes All State Sites
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – To further prevent the spread of COVID-19, and in accordance with the Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamation issued on March 9, 2020, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) today announced the closure of all state parks, fish and wildlife areas, recreational areas, and historic sites as well as the cancellation of upcoming scheduled events.
IDNR will work tirelessly with the Governor’s office and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) to provide information as to the schedule for safely reopening our facilities.
All Illinoisans impacted by a cancellation or closure are encouraged to call the IDNR’s Parks Administrative Information Line Monday – Friday at 217-782-6752. A complete listing of state sites can be found on the IDNR website at https://www2.illinois.gov/dnr/Parks/Pages/default.aspx or https://www2.illinois.gov/dnrhistoric/E ... fault.aspx.