Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Strayz

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Strayz »

David wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:21 am Oh, and I want to assure all of you...lesser gun owners that now that I'm an HK operator again I will still continue to talk with you...occasionally...at a distance. While I load my magazines backwards.

:mrgreen:
Welcome to the Union, We will make sure you get the RF ID badge members card for the lounge. Please remember no guests until your 5th HK firearm purchase. On your 25th Purchase we will make sure your card is upgraded to a ring. Have a welcome experience.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Strayz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:24 pm
David wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:21 am Oh, and I want to assure all of you...lesser gun owners that now that I'm an HK operator again I will still continue to talk with you...occasionally...at a distance. While I load my magazines backwards.

Welcome to the Union, We will make sure you get the RF ID badge members card for the lounge. Please remember no guests until your 5th HK firearm purchase. On your 25th Purchase we will make sure your card is upgraded to a ring. Have a welcome experience.

As long as the unwashed masses are kept at a respectable distance. :D

In all seriousness though, nice to have a couple of HK’s again. That Blackhawk competition holster that came with the P30 also fits the P2000 which is nice. Also have a Fobus that fits both.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I just ordered a Kel tec P17 from sportsmans warehouse for $180. Was kind of skeptical after the firearms blog review back in Oct/Nov but recent reviews including the one below are more favorable. The thing it has going for it is that it's relatively small but not too small like the Ruger LCP II 22, or as large as the Taurus TX22 or Glock 44. It comes with 3 17 round mags, has a threaded barrel is is about $100 cheaper than the Ruger II 22 and the Ruger SR22. So it's small, cheap and it allegedly works. I shoot a lot of 22s on my range up north. This one should be fun to shoot and should make a neat trail gun. What can I say, I like 22 pistols. It's being shipped to my closest store for pickup on March 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IYNgejYZlk
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

This is the attitude right here! Just owning an HK makes you walk a little taller. Because you actual grow an inch or two...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Picked up my Kel Tec P17 today. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I will.

It was a little bit bigger that I thought it would be. In fact it is about the size of my Ruger SR22. It is fractionally longer and taller and the grip is wider to accommodate the 16 round magazine. It is a lot more comfortable in my hand. While it is only slightly larger it is considerably lighter than the SR22. Besides the mag capacity (16 vs. 10 of the SR22} other differences include that it has single action internal hammer instead of double action hammer fired. The trigger on the P17 is very, very light. It also comes with fiber optic front and adjustable rear sight. Ambidextrous thumb safety and mag release and a threaded barrel, thread protector, adapter and wrench. The slide is very easy to rack. Included are 3 16 round mags. All for $100+ cheaper than the SR22. I'm kinda impressed with it. Could turn out to be the ultimate kit gun.

It was $180 out the door ($169.99 + tax) at Sportsman's Warehouse online for delivery to your local store.

If it works it should be a fun gun to use on my 22 range and to carry as a trail gun. Going to have to make a leather holster for it.

Sorry for the blurry photo

David
Administrator

Post by David »

It's an interesting looking pistol and the price is excellent. Hope it's a great shooter for you!

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:22 am It's an interesting looking pistol and the price is excellent. Hope it's a great shooter for you!
"Interesting" is a nice way of saying "ugly". It is ugly but so help me, I like it, a lot! You get a lot for your money with this thing.

As you know half of my range at my property is dedicated to 22s. This will be a fun addition to my 22 pistol collection to use on my range. I was leaning toward a Taurus TX22 as a high capacity entry but I may hold off getting one now.

Here is a interesting photo of the unique slide, muzzle adapter and muzzle wrench. The barrel is fixed on the frame with the thread protector holding the recoil spring in place.

I did just shoot it on my bullet trap in my basement. So far I've run through 6 mag loads (96 rounds) with only one FTF (Rem Golden bullet with bad primer). I've tried 6 different loads. CCI Blazer, CCI Standard Vel, Winchester Wildcats, Armscore HV, Rem Golden bullets and some old Federals.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

My first impression was the pistol in Logan’s Run, which was actually pretty cool looking :)

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Just got my Holosun Circle dot zeroed in on my AR Pistol. Loving life, killing paper dead!