Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:45 pm No reason you can't be stylish and deadly.
:D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Picked up an HK P2000 in 40 S&W with 4 mags night sights and an additional HK .357sig barrel. Traded my 380 Bodyguard and $275 cash for it. Looks to be in very good condition. Felt like it was a really good deal. Looking forward to trying it out at the range.

Although I’m not a big .357sig proponent I went ahead and ordered a couple boxes of Speer Lawman 125 TMJ (50 round boxes) and a box (50 rounds) of Speer Gold Dot 125 LE. Figured ‘what the heck’ I’ve got the extra barrel so let’s give er a go.

Now I’ll have to choose between this or my G22.4 for my woods carry pistol.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:59 pm Picked up an HK P2000 in 40 S&W with 4 mags night sights and an additional HK .357sig barrel. Traded my 380 Bodyguard and $275 cash for it. Looks to be in very good condition. Felt like it was a really good deal. Looking forward to trying it out at the range.

Although I’m not a big .357sig proponent I went ahead and ordered a couple boxes of Speer Lawman 125 TMJ (50 round boxes) and a box (50 rounds) of Speer Gold Dot 125 LE. Figured ‘what the heck’ I’ve got the extra barrel so let’s give er a go.

Wow, rust never sleeps does it?
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Love the P2000sk personally. But wouldn't pass on that either.

I may get a Sig .357 for my Glock 23 one of these days.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:57 am
David wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:59 pm Picked up an HK P2000 in 40 S&W with 4 mags night sights and an additional HK .357sig barrel. Traded my 380 Bodyguard and $275 cash for it. Looks to be in very good condition. Felt like it was a really good deal. Looking forward to trying it out at the range.

Well, the wife now has her 380EZ and had zero interest in the 380 BG and I already had my pretty pink LCP so the BG became an extra. On AL the seller/trader was specifically asking for a BG and cash so figured it was a good option. Did some pricing when I came home and it really seems like a good deal. The BG with laser and 5 mags cost me $350. Add in the $275 so I’m into it for $625 total. I’m seeing the P2000 in .40 for around $600+ without night sights. Add another $100 for NS, probably around $150+ for an HK 357 barrel and $70 for the extra couple of mags and it’s a $900+ package give or take. Pistol looks like it’s never been carried.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:41 am Love the P2000sk personally. But wouldn't pass on that either.

I may get a Sig .357 for my Glock 23 one of these days.
Do it Bob. I forget, do you have the 9mm conversion barrel for it?

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:42 am
Mac66 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:57 am

Well, the wife now has her 380EZ and had zero interest in the 380 BG and I already had my pretty pink LCP so the BG became an extra. On AL the seller/trader was specifically asking for a BG and cash so figured it was a good option. Did some pricing when I came home and it really seems like a good deal. The BG with laser and 5 mags cost me $350. Add in the $275 so I’m into it for $625 total. I’m seeing the P2000 in .40 for around $600+ without night sights. Add another $100 for NS, probably around $150+ for an HK 357 barrel and $70 for the extra couple of mags and it’s a $900+ package give or take. Pistol looks like it’s never been carried.
You did good
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Oh, and I want to assure all of you...lesser gun owners that now that I'm an HK operator again I will still continue to talk with you...occasionally...at a distance. While I load my magazines backwards.

:mrgreen:

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I started a dedicated HK thread similar to the Glock and Sig threads for discussion on each brand. Picked it up this morning with three 15-round mags and a BH holster. Has the lum sights.