Posting a photo

This area is for forum announcements and 'how-to' threads
David
Administrator

Posting a photo

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:55 pm Did you make photos easier?
Okay, couple of ways to add a photo. Both should be pretty easy. The first way is if the picture you want to post is already somewhere on the internet. For example, I looked for an image of a tiger. When I found the picture of the tiger I liked I right clicked and selected 'copy image link' from the drop down box. I then pasted that url into the post box here on the board. Looks like this:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com ... %3DApi&f=1

Then I simply highlighted that link and clicked on the tab above the post box that looks like a picture with a little mountain. It will then look like this when you submit your post:

The other way is if you want to upload an image from your computer. This is also simple. Just below the post box, below where the 'Save draft, Preview and Submit' tabs you'll see two tabs that say 'Options and Attachments'. Simply click on 'Attachments' and then click on 'Add files'. And then click on the jpg or gif that's on your PC. It will then be uploaded to the board and put in your post. The file can't be larger than 256 KiB. Once you add the file you'll see it in your post after you hit 'submit'. In this case I had a picture of an eagle on my PC so I attached it to this post and it looks like this:
Attachments
eagle.jpg
eagle.jpg (28.15 KiB) Viewed 23313 times
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Posting a photo

Post by Mac66 »

here's how to do it using Imgur

Of course you have to download Imgur, it's a free photo hosting sight.

When you get ready to upload your photo the page will look something like this....

Go to the right hand column there is a choice of formats called Auto Resize in which to upload it.
Choose the the 640x480 (message boards) one on the scroll down menu.

It will look like this...

You can simply drag the photo to the page to upload it.
Once the photo is uploaded, click on it. It will open up a window. Look at the right hand column and go down to the bottom and click on the blue COPY button for the Linked BBC (message boards)

It will look like this...

You have to use the bottom button for the image to appear, otherwise it just posts a link to the image which you then have to click etc. Don't want that.

Then just paste it into the message you are posting on.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Thanx Guy's...
... Just a Dude...
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Test run of imgur
I used Photobucket previously, but it shit the bed.
yy2xPZH.jpeg
yy2xPZH.jpeg (167.76 KiB) Viewed 23311 times
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Looks good.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

After being gone for a while, I forgot the size limitations for images on here. I went back to my imgur app and it seems more like a wannabe social media site than an image sharing app.
I downloaded a compression app that is much easier to use and will make the file any size you need. This should help me quite a bit on here.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

What software do you use? I just use the program that comes with Windows, but sometimes it struggles to get the picture down that small.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

I just resized with an old version of Photoshop... It lets you know the size of file after resizing.
You can't fix stupid !