Sensible Prepper

Post your resource links, articles, videos as well as your reviews on books, movies, videos etc.
aerynsun

Re: Sensible Prepper

Post by aerynsun »

Smoke wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:28 am I have two issues with Scootch.

1. I'm never sure if he really likes the product he's promoting or he's promoting it because he's being paid to do so.

I've only watched about 10 of his videos and I have yet to see one in which he DIDN'T mention his Berkie(sp?) water filter or his life straw.

Do his kids really carry a trauma kit and (of course) a Life Straw every time they spend the night at a friends?

2. Isn't really a problem but I don't agree with his World View. And again, I'm not sure if what I'm seeing really IS his World View.

In almost every video of his I've seen the implication is that our economy will CEASE to be and the government will just END.

I read a book a year or two ago called "Survivors, A Novel Of The Coming Collapse" by James Wesley Rawls. The book postulates that America as a nation simply ceases to exist and Americans are basically on their own. I found it unbelievable. I read the book and threw it away.

That seems to be what Scootch thinks is coming and I don't so there comes a point in all of his videos where it becomes unbelievable to me.

So I watch for ideas but I'm not completely sold
I'm not a fan of barter. But if you are going to do it; think of things others have forgot. There are several categories people never mention. You should also use the items so they don't go to waste.

Birth control - condoms, SHTF, people are going to have a lot of time on their hands.

Sanitary items - tooth brush/paste, razor blades, femine hygiene, soap - personal and washing clothes

Pest control - Bug spray for personal use, rat/insect poison - SHTF - there will be plagues of these.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Never used the Velcro strap. The pistol was always snug in the holster slot and never moved around. It’s been a very good bag.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

aerynsun wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:08 pm
David wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:22 am
The question is: Where is this guy using this?

In the woods/hiking/camping - you have all that and more in your backpack - which should never be away from you.

Driving - you have your Car Back Pack

Walking in city? - You don't need water/fire starting/etc., bandanna should be in your pocket.

Fanny packs are good for - extra magazine, pepper spray, multitool, medical/medicine like clotting/stop bleeding bandages.
I watched 10 or 15 of his videos over the course of 3 weeks. What I've noticed is that he always has essentially the same gear. Maybe a different knife or water purification straw but the same basic load out. The only thing that changes is the back pack.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Smoke wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:37 am The only thing that changes is the back pack.
Which he gets sent. I wonder if he gets paid to 'review' all this gear and guns? I have heard that folks like Iraqi888 and Hickock 45 get paid. Tim from the Military Arms Channel gets sent ammo but he buys the guns or is lent them, from what he says. Yankee Marshal buys his own and he's got more guns than Carter has little liver pills!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Smoke

Post by Smoke »

Yes he gets paid. He also gets paid whenever somebody buys something from one of his links
David
Administrator

Post by David »

bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

From time to time, I do go on his website.

I will add a couple of things and why:
1. get your dental, vision and medical preps up to snuff. You just went through a sustained and irritating lockdown - enough said.

2. get a couple of decks of cards, books to read, a dictionary and flash cards clipped on one end (so you can put new words on one side and a definition on the other). You will need to socialize and fill idle hours with learning this learning concepts and improving your mind. I have over 70 books in two languages to read. In the last year, I did flashcards for at least 1000 words that I encountered and did not know and hundreds of expressions. Last week, I did nearly 20 hours of online instruction. Some day, the internet might not be there. However, you can still learn.
The foregoing is separate and apart from reading the skills books that may have piled up. On the internet, today, and which may not be available, I looked at auto repairs, modifications of packs and bags.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »