How much does others affect your opinion?

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: How much does others affect your opinion?

Post by David »

That sounds good. The G42 should be a very good choice. Low recoiling and pleasant to shoot. Should take some of the stress out for them.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
GT4494

Post by GT4494 »

Bmyers wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:17 am
David wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:22 pm
Bmyers wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:24 pm The niece and one of friends singed up for their carry class In February. So, two more young ladies that will have taken steps to be better prepared to protect themselves.
Excellent! Is a range session required? If so, what are they going to use?
Yes, you have 16 hours of training you have to do. Obviously, most of it is classroom time. Then you have to go to the range and fire 10 rounds at 5 yards, 10 at 7 yards, and 10 at 10 yards. You have to have a 70% to pass. They based the range test on the Illinois State Police test (ISP is timed and comes from a holster and have to have 70%).
Funny story.

When I took my CWP range time testing, we emptied the first 5 shots as the RSO walked around. He then stopped the shooting and exclaimed to the class (as he was looking at me) "When we are done I need to be able to count every single puncture on the target or it gets counted as a miss".

After that I quit playing range target practice and put holes all over the different parts of the silhouette. LOL
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

we ALL do a lot of things because of others. Food choices, jobs, religion, politics...all way more important than pistol selection.

The world honestly does not like a free thinker. And to be fair, a lot of people are not really good at it.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Wife took the niece and grand-niece to the range last night. The grand-niece has fallen in love with the Ruger SR22. She shot a 100 rounds through it last night. She has an essay she is supposed to write and she has decided to do it on how to shot pistols. I guess we will find out how liberal her teacher/school is.
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

I try to be affected by other people's opinions if: 1. the person is sensible; 2. the subject matter of the opinion is of interest to me; 3. if I sense that the person is not just parroting something from his indoctrination, reading a magazine (with the product buying full page advertising coincidentally).

Southwest Pistol League about 40 years ago. Guys shooting .45 autos tricked out by Pachmeyer and with scopes. Poor Dave, LAPD. Shooting his 6 inch .38 special. Loses every time. Then, there comes the day. Hostage situation outside the police station. One shot to the head. Dave then retired. When shtf, skills count.

I look at youtube sites run by former alphabet unit members. Their sense of shooting skills is to run from one shooting point to another, then stand still and shoot. I learned how to load, unload, shoot accurately while walking and running. Did it even with an 870 many times. Equipment counts. But skills are what counts when shtf.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Wife's niece and her friend both finished their 16 hour class yesterday and sent my wife pictures of their qualification targets, which they both passed. I told my wife to be proud, that she just helped prevent two more victims in the world.

Since my wife has gotten her permit, she has helped seven other ladies get their permits.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:17 am Wife's niece and her friend both finished their 16 hour class yesterday and sent my wife pictures of their qualification targets, which they both passed. I told my wife to be proud, that she just helped prevent two more victims in the world.

Since my wife has gotten her permit, she has helped seven other ladies get their permits.
That is fantastic a something very much to be proud of! Good on her :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".