G3c belt clip

A section for all the tweaks done and available to our toys.
Mac66
Board Founder

G3c belt clip

Post by Mac66 »

As many of you know I like to carry my guns with a belt clip, Clip draw etc. I have them on all my pocket pistols.

While I really like them I just can't see spending $25 for a clip and a piece of two sided tape. So I started experimenting with a do it yourself set up. I bought a bunch of belt clips online for $.50 ea and used the tape that came with the Clip Draw to mount them on a couple of other pistols. The tape lasted 4-5 days at most. I recently picked up some 3M two sided tape for a project and had some left over.

It's clear and super duper holding.

I took one of the clips I had and ground it down so it's narrower. I mounted it on my G3c

I've been carrying it for a week including while working up at the woods house last weekend. So far it's held.

Fits in nicely with my LC9s pro and original LC9. Pretty easy to carry that way.

I'm getting ready to head back up the woods house today. Will carrying the G3c. Got lots of manual labor to do, hopefully the clip will continue to work.
Last edited by Mac66 on Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Erich

Re: G3c belt clip

Post by Erich »

Hey, neat!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Got home last night. Worked my butt off while carrying the G on the belt clip since Thurs. It's held so far. Home for a few days then back up again on Thurs. Excavating for the new building starts tomorrow. Will be carrying the G3c again.
Last edited by Mac66 on Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Erich

Post by Erich »

Great!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

5 days later (6/19) and the clip is holding up. The heavy duty 2 sided 3M tape makes all the difference. Put a clip on my Leatherman and have been EDCing it around clipped to my pants pocket for a week (7 days). So far it's held up. Lasted 4 days with the old tape.

EDC is clipped

Last edited by Mac66 on Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Glad to see it's working. Products like 3M and Gorilla usually have a product that does the trick. As long as it holds up to moving around, sweat and such you should be gtg.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Ok. I finally bit the bullet based upon your posting and started researching aftermarket straps/clips to change knife carry sheaths to horizontal carry from vertical. Sure, I have the expensive ones that work with conventional kydex sheaths. I want to go further with leather and non conventional kydex sheaths set up for possible horizontal carry. Some parts are now on order.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Here's the original thread on belt clips

https://www.sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?t=790
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

The clip on my G3c continues to hold as does the one on my leatherman. However, I put another clip on another leatherman and it lasted 2 hours. Same type of clip, same model of leatherman, same tape, prepped/cleaned the same, different result. Go figure.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

That’s odd. :?:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".