G3c belt clip

A section for all the tweaks done and available to our toys.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: G3c belt clip

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:55 amThat’s odd. :?:
I cut the clip in half down the middle, making it thinner this time. Redid the tape and it seems to be holding this time. Everything was the same except for the width of the clip.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Mac66 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:24 pm
David wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:55 amThat’s odd. :?:
I cut the clip in half down the middle, making it thinner this time. Redid the tape and it seems to be holding this time. Everything was the same except for the width of the clip.

The clip on the G3c is still going strong after 7 weeks of daily wear.

The clip on the leatherman I re-did gave up the ghost this weekend. I switched back to the leatherman with the first clip I did.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Sounds like the G3c clip is in the sweet spot then. Carrying in the waist band is going to be a good test with all the sitting/standing/squatting/bending/twisting etc.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Update....
The clip on the leatherman gave up while pocket carrying some time ago. Haven't got around to trying it again. Just doesn't work for very long.

The clip on the G3c is still going strong. I belt carry it daily and have been all summer. It is my favorite EDC gun
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: G3c belt clip Update

Post by Mac66 »

The clip on the original Leatherman failed. Tried and tried to get it to work again but no dice. Replaced the tape, replaced the clip. Just wouldn't work.

While carrying the G3c while driving my wife's car recently the clip caught on the seat belt socket buckle and bent out so that it was catching on everything. I tried to bend it back without removing in from the gun but no joy. Eventually I pried it off, bent it back and replaced it onto the same tape. It's held up after a couple weeks of carrying but the clip is starting to bend out again. The clip metal has lost it's temper and needs to be replaced. It worked pretty well for about 9 months.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I love the idea, but my DeSantis holster is working great for both my EC9 and my PPS....