Dodged a bullet

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
Mac66
Board Founder

Dodged a bullet

Post by Mac66 »

Colon cancer runs in my family so my doctor prescribes Cologuard every year. It is an at home stool sample test you send in. It is then tested for cancer.

So this year it came back positive. Bummer...so had to have a colonoscopy. They found a large scary looking polyp that the Dr thought could be cancer. In fact he was preparing me for the worse while waiting the results of a biopsy. I was hanging in limbo for 5 days when the biopsy came back negative. They tested it 3 times just to make sure. It wasn't even precancerous.

I still gotta go back and have the polyp removed but no cancer at least this year.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Dodged a bullet

Post by tom mac »

best form of prepping... got to be medically fit first
good to hear.
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

tom mac wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:04 am best form of prepping... got to be medically fit first
good to hear.
Studies have shown that cancer thrives in high carb (sugar) diets. Keto is a way to lesson the risk of cancer. So I'm in my fifth year of doing keto, so I got that going for me. :lol:
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I got the polyp removed last week. It was pretty big so had to go to the hospital to have it removed. Even though I had a negative biopsy when they discovered it they wanted to do one on the entire polyp when they took it out. Just heard today that it was also negative.

Got to go back for another colonoscopy within a year. No more waiting 5 years. Like skin cancer it's pretty much a matter of when, not if I get colon cancer. Catch it early and it's no big deal.