Canadian Truckers Strike

For all discussion related to politics issues.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Canadian Truckers Strike

Post by Bob »

BAck to survival;

Yes - supply lines that were down/low are slow to get started, demand fluctuates, but stocks are already thin.

Combine that with a legit disruption of the vehicle transportation, and things will converge.

This week no chicken, next week no hamburger, and then a pork shortage because unions, a legit pork shortage and no trucks and you will have no Pork or Chicken one week....and not enough beef to go around: Bare Meat freezers at the store for 4-7 days.

If there is cat food, may want to get some for yourself!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Cat food continues to be scarce.

I’m thinking that fuel is going to start to be a problem.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Yeah - I have a fill up the cans on my "top do" list.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

The U.S. version of the Freedom convoy is suppose to reach Washington tomorrow. Seems Joe is as scared as Nancy-boy to the north as they've put the fences back up. Which again goes against their own 'no walls/fences' policy....
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Bob wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:57 pm Yeah - I have a fill up the cans on my "top do" list.
Shot up again last night ... 3 days ago prev filled all cans and vehicles. Going to be a shiteshow
You can't fix stupid !
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Years ago, I did some work for a guy who owned 110 filling stations and a refinery in the Los Angeles area. He said the following to me. He made no money on gasoline. He made money on candy, cigarettes, food and beer. The storage space in cars, pick up trucks was four times the storage space of his refinery and all the underground tanks. Most people drove around on empty.

So, whenever there is a panic, people fill up their empty gasoline tanks.

Comments.
1. Times change. In the interests of the "environment", "health", and "science", it is a lot harder to store gasoline at home. I have kept up with the "progress" in governmental regulations. You simply have to do legal modification of the dictated plastic containers and rotate gasoline sooner. As YOU age, you will need to buy PRC made battery operated siphons as your body strength to hold a 40 pound object in the air will decrease.
2. You will thank yourself for your wisdom in buying your most recent generator that uses propane (that can be stored indefinitely) rather than the gasoline powered model.