Ukraine - what's the outlook here?

For all discussion related to politics issues.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Ukraine - what's the outlook here?

Post by Bob »

Listen to the news! Ukraine is making a comeback!!!

Right....

But Russia clearly soft and rusty from too long without a war.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Responding to Bob:
1. When a combat veteran is out of service for a couple of years, he is out of shape, rusty and needs a long period of retraining.
When you calculate when Russia or the US had a last war and now had units filled with 20 year olds with combat experience, you start scratching your head. On 8 August, 2000, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said that the United States would reduce troop levels to below 5,000 by the end of November 2020. That is not like having 100,000 combat experienced troops in September 2022.

2. Bob: Do you remember your basic training in the US Army decades ago? How many guys did not know how to brush their teeth, wash their clothes, take a bath, make a bed, make a meal? How many had never been up and ready to work at 7 a.m.? How many had never shot a rifle or knew how to clean it? This is young men all over the world! And, don't be shocked, young people have historically been transported to the front lines with minimal, if any training.

3. An mentor who had been in the US airborne asked me once how I would train someone to be soldier, I responded that I would train him to be a sniper. The immediate objection was that it would cost too much money. Of course, you don't need those skills to be a cook, drive a truck, type on a computer. You need the skills of a Ranger if you are going to be a combatant - and the average Joe doesn't get that training.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Russia exchanged 60 su-35 aircraft for thousands of Iranian drones.
1. Russia doesn't expect to replace the same which is good for the US and the PRC.
2. The shoot down rate of drones launched in swarms lowered the kill ratio of UK defense to 50%.
3. A UK anti-drone missile costs the same as when it is shot at a Russian plane, so Russia now has leveled the field a bit.
4. UK will not directly attack the city of Kherson. It will be cutoff. In WW2, 14,000 Germans did not surrender at Stalingrad. Dirty, hungry, lacking munitions, they still killed another 14,000 or so Reds who had to go block by block.
5. If UK is smart, it will hit the few roads and cross roads south of the river with artillery and not waste it on positions north of the river. It is more valuable to prevent a defensive line build up south of the river and to hit vehicles that have already crossed the river and which the Russians can service and re-position.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

If UK is smart - they will sign a Treaty, and call it a day.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

So - how about those leaked documents! Everything you've been told about Ukraine was false...imagine that!
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

no surprise...
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:36 pm So - how about those leaked documents! Everything you've been told about Ukraine was false...imagine that!
Been saying that since page 1.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Yes you have. A shame America got trained during Covid to just agree with things.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:00 am Yes you have. A shame America got trained during Covid to just agree with things.
As I've said many times, too many people believe what the MSM is pushing without using critical thinking skills. About the only thing I'd believe from the MSM is the weather and the tides. Everything else is suspect, and with good reason.

X22 Report is a fairly solid source for what's going on and at the very least gets the critical thinking juices flowing.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

So, after a year of getting nowhere, looks like we are gonna give Ukraine another 60B. Right before winter. To go nowhere.