Ukraine - what's the outlook here?

For all discussion related to politics issues.
David
Administrator

Re: Ukraine - what's the outlook here?

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:20 am I wonder what history will say about this war and the worlds response?
I think within a short while more folks are going to see that the MSM and far-left have been lying to the people of the world. And history will record this as simply another step in the removal process of that elite cabal along with sex-trafficking, child torture, bio-weapon creation/release, MSM as a propaganda arm and much more.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

It has been interesting to me how the media hasn't investigated the child sex-trafficking that has been exposed, but it appears to me that most news media just has sit on the sidelines and reported the minimal amount on it.

You would of thought that would of been a huge news cycle, but instead, it was buried.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

news people with blinders...

You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I believe that once the news outlets went from locally owned to large corporations, you see the quality decrease and special interest increase.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Bmyers wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:20 am I wonder what history will say about this war and the worlds response?
The history written by who?The US books will claim we had nothing to do but goodness and that Putin was the devil.

The Russian books will claim him to be savior of the empire/world against the yankee capitalist dogs.

Ukraine will say both sucked. Russia for invading, US for not helping.

Other perspectives will likely pant us all as defective....which is probably close to the truth.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

So the US has explicitly said the goal is destroy/ruin Russia. And there we go kids...we are officially in a proxy war with Russia.

#1 Screw Ukraine - don't care if they all die. Even if they want a treaty/peace, we will mess it up
#2 First weapons, then advisors, then special ops, then....Well you know where this ends. Boots on ground.

Putin is trying to reclaim the Soviet Empire for his legacy or whatever. There were no "Nazi" problems spilling over his borders, and no bioweapon problems that are not 100 fold on his side of the border. He wants to recreate the Soviet empire. That's nice, except other countries don't (always) agree. He is a very bad actor.

That said - continuing to do what we are doing, probably worse.

Remember - there is always an option called "There are no good guys"
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Maybe it's time to look back at the 30's and Isolationists :)
You can't fix stupid !
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

"Other perspectives will likely pant us all as defective....which is probably close to the truth."
1. Do unto others as they would do unto you, but do it first.
2. No one has admitted doing anything wrong since Geo. Washington cut down the cherry tree. Even then, he complained that the axe was rusty.
3. You can always claim that the other side was going to be worse. The response of my progressive adoptive grandmother (first marriage was to the trophy medical doctor; second marriage was to a member of the Lincoln Brigade) in justifying the execution of 10,000 Falangist prisoners at the direction of the head of the Communist Party just before the fall of Madrid.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

So now - there are clearly CIA/SF operatives on the ground, from multiple NATO countries.

Fortunately we are not sending..D'oh!

We are fighting a proxy war with Russia, so defense contractors can get rich, that hasn't hurt Putin in any substantial way, at the expense of the American people. That's your Government at work!
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

On February 7, 2018, the Battle of Khasham, Syria took place. It was regular troops vs. Russian mercenaries.

Look it up. US troops on one side. Not invited into the country by the country. On the other side, the Wagner Group which is illegal under Russian law. Former Russian military. Supporting mercenaries who were Syrian nationals with the Russian side. This is proxy war fighting.

Defense contractors getting rich. My b-i-l deliberately invested in defense stocks in 2021 on the gamble that war would break out. Other people invested $5.5 billion with Disney to build the currently closed Shanghai Disneyworld. You invested millions of dollars in taxpayer funded Obama phones for people to use to get jobs - at least that is how the give-away was characterized.

Mr. Putin is not hurt. He had a $100 million yacht being repaired in Germany in 2021. He brought it home early with the repairs unfinished. Clearly, you had your CIA spies aware that something was up and they watching the yacht. He has multiple relations(hips) in western Europe who are not under sanctions. They are not sufferings. Years ago, I saw Mr. Brehnev's daughter's home in San Moritz, France. The tyrants somehow figure out how to not get hurt financially. Idi Amin retired to the middle East,

In early August, 1964, a destroyer given to the South Vietnam Navy by the US was shelling portions of North Vietnam. A US warship stood nearby. The US warship gave a message that it might have been attacked (it wasn't) and the sub-rosa Vietnam War was now on. 40 North Vietnamese military installations air attacked the next day. In 1964, do you think we had a war going on already?