Ukraine - what's the outlook here?

For all discussion related to politics issues.
bdcochran

Re: Ukraine - what's the outlook here?

Post by bdcochran »

1. Putin has declared victory. He has "hermetically sealed" the last Ukrainian defenders into 4 miles of nuclear bunkers where they can hold out for years.
2. WW2 did not end on May 8, 1945 in Europe IF you study history. The slaughter went on for years. So it will in the Ukraine
David
Administrator

Post by David »

aerynsun wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:32 pm
David wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:06 am Still rooting for Russia!
??????????????????????/
Because like I said back on page 2, what you think is happening...isn't. Russia is the good guys in this scenario. They gone after and destroyed the bio-weapon labs that were funded by the corrupt left in this and other countries. They've decimated the Neo-Nazi regime running Ukraine. They've wiped out the money-laundering going on in Ukraine (Brandon's little enterprise) and cut off that money to the deep state. They've liberated cites being run and terrorized by the Neo-Nazi regime. They've done a LOT of good.

Anyone on the side of Ukraine in this scenario is on the same side as the Resident-in-Chief Brandon, the leftist elite politicians, the MSM and the women on 'The View' because they are the ones squawking the hardest/loudest against Russia making them out to be the bad guys.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Parallel.png
Parallel.png (522.98 KiB) Viewed 719187 times
See any parallel's? The MSM is simply trying the same narrative against Putin that they tried against Trump.

So it boils down to a simple choice; Either you're on the side of the left, their resident in the White House, their propaganda-driven media and Hollywood or you're looking past all that noise and trying to find out what is ACTUALLY happening and why.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I gave the citation elsewhere. A Russian publication, since taken down, gave a figure of more than 13,000 soldiers killed and 7,000 missing with the source being a military briefing. Unfortunate loss of life. Given that cremation trucks follow the formations, the deaths are probably accurate. Given that a number of Russian casualties are housed in Belarus civilian hospitals, the missing number may have an explanation.

Probably Parkinson's, but not necessarily fatal.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

bdcochran wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:42 am I gave the citation elsewhere. A Russian publication, since taken down, gave a figure of more than 13,000 soldiers killed and 7,000 missing with the source being a military briefing. Unfortunate loss of life. Given that cremation trucks follow the formations, the deaths are probably accurate. Given that a number of Russian casualties are housed in Belarus civilian hospitals, the missing number may have an explanation.

Probably Parkinson's, but not necessarily fatal.
When dealing with a dictator the death of others does not matter.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Reading an article yesterday how Belarus underground has played a key role in helping slow the Russian response. Just as they did in WWII, the Belarus underground attacked the railroad system to slow the Nazis attack on Russia, they once again have been attacking the railroad system to slow Russia's attack.

The article stated that Russia's planners had relied heavily on a functioning rail service to keep their troops supplied and moving, which as we have seen didn't work for them.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Bmyers wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:51 am Reading an article yesterday how Belarus underground has played a key role in helping slow the Russian response. Just as they did in WWII, the Belarus underground attacked the railroad system to slow the Nazis attack on Russia, they once again have been attacking the railroad system to slow Russia's attack.

The article stated that Russia's planners had relied heavily on a functioning rail service to keep their troops supplied and moving, which as we have seen didn't work for them.
One thing we don't hear alot about is attacking the supply lines.

A retired US general said that if the Ukrainians took the initiative and hit the Russians hard, they might collapse.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Is this thing still happening?

I've moved on.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Is this thing still happening?

I've moved on.

1. A lot of people have moved on.
2. When the SU was breaking up, it was agreed that the US and the SU would guarantee the sovereignty of UK if it gave up its nuclear weapons. The US paid for them and a lot of the weapon systems left by the SU. When Mr. Obama was President, R said it was not the SU, there was no agreement and took the UK fleet and part of the UK. The US refused real time satellite info to help the UK. I predicted that this time around the US would give that info. After 8 years of low level fighting, Mr. Putin thought he could pull it off.
3. All that is happening is a low level, quasi asymmetrical, quasi conventional warfare which is degrading R military and technological and economic capacity for perhaps years at some cost to the world and suffering and risk.
4. Nothing is quite the same when you want to assert history repeats itself. Testing weapons like the Spanish Civil War? Proxy fighting like in Syria and Iraq? The ebb and flow of an empire using upwards of 20,000 mercenaries when its own impressed rural troops are failing in battle?
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I wonder what history will say about this war and the worlds response?