Got the Covid

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
Mac66
Board Founder

Got the Covid

Post by Mac66 »

Well, surprise, surprise you got the covid, so says my lab results.

Started back to the gym two weeks ago. That's the only place I've been for two weeks, home and the gym. Vaccinated, with booster, always wore a mask at the gym.

Started coming down with a scratchy throat last Thursday, sore throat on Friday, more cold like symptoms on Saturday. My wife sent me to get tested yesterday. Positive for Covid today.

Mild cold symptoms, cough, sneezing, mild sore scratchy throat, sometimes a mild headache. Thought it was just a cold.

Now what sucks is that I may have spread it around. I continued to go to the gym Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun. Went to the sports store and bought the Taurus G2c on Sunday but I wore a mask all the time both at the gym and store and wiped everything I touched before and after. The only place I didn't wear a mask is as home.

As careful as I was I still got it undoubtably from the gym. I went to the gym in the mornings when there was very few people there. I wore a mask, wiped everything down before and after I touched it even the lockers, my own water bottle etc. I am now firmly convinced that it's no longer a matter of "If" you're going to get it, it's just a matter of when.
David
Administrator

Re: Got the Covid

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:11 pm Well, surprise, surprise you got the covid, so says my lab results.
Well, the good news is that you may not have Covid. Even the inventor of the PCR test stated that it cannot determine the difference between Covid, the flu or a cold. The 'also' good news is that if it is Covid you have a nearly 100% chance of survival. The 'really' good news is that HCQ and Ivermectin is a proven medication despite what CNN tries to shovel.
Mac66 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:11 pm Vaccinated, with booster, always wore a mask at the gym.
So it this maybe telling you something? Not being a smart ass, but I've been saying here for about a year and a half that the 'vaccine' doesn't work (which is why they keep changing the definition. Boosters don't work either. And no...masks HAVE NEVER WORKED to stop a virus. Not even a tiny bit. But wearing a mask all the time WILL HURT you in the long run due to the bacterial build up and those facts are now coming to light.
Mac66 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:11 pm I am now firmly convinced that it's no longer a matter of "If" you're going to get it, it's just a matter of when.
Not trying to tempt fate, but the fact is that I do not and have not worn a mask. I go about whatever normal business I need to do. I will not take the vaccine or boosters or whatever death drug they are pushing. I've been sick twice in the last couple of years, both from my nieces kids. Typical sore throat, some aches and a minimal fever of about 100 lasting for an hour. And a cough. Diagnosis was sinus infection and of course the obvious pink eye. I did take HCQ the first time as a preventative just in case. Worst symptom then and now was the cough from post nasal drip.

Anyway, hope you feel better very soon and my earnest suggestion is find a physician that will prescribe you either HCQ or Ivermectin. If you don't know one, I do and he will examine you on a zoom call. He treats 50 Covid patients a day.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

1. Most of the regular forum members are retired or close to retirement age.
2. Most have access to computers and have a modicum of research skills.
3. Most have a lifetime of evaluating risks and establishing priorities.
4. With two years of constant drumbeats about the Wuhan flu, Covid 19, etc., they had the opportunity to do whatever research they wanted to do.

You choose what you want to do. Your life style is filled with risks beyond whether you get shots or not. I gave up martial arts and motorcycling. I have an older friend who got to the stage that she gave up skiing that she loved and sold her condo in Vail, Colorado. Ann, in France, loved horseback riding. She did not give it up, got thrown 10 years ago, broke both wrists. She scheduled for another wrist operation.

Some people don't believe in modern medicine. I am not on prescription drugs. I have 5 appointments at Kaiser next Wednesday for examinations ranging from eyes to toes to fingers to physical therapy to dermatology. Everyone is an expert. Just getting checked out. I don't need a degree and 10 years of study in every aspect of the human body.

With the Wuhan flu, early detection and intervention works. This is why I do the oxygen saturation and blood pressure monitoring daily. Working on immunity seems to work. This is why I pay attention to the weight, intake of zinc and vitamin, exercise and get a fair amount of sunlight during the middle of the day below the 35th latitude.

You don't need to panic over every risk in life. Just do your research and meet the risks to the best of your ability.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

After the first of the year I decided to go back to the gym. With the omicron thing heating up, i started taking zinc, vit D, a multiple vitamin, and other stuff. I am vaxed and have the booster.

For two weeks the only place I went was to the gym and home. Every day, to the gym and home. Didn't go anywhere else. If the temp was above 30, I walked. If below (we had a week in the single digits) I drove. I wore a mask at the gym and wiped everything I touched before and after including lockers, locks, water bottles, even the disinfectant and paper towel dispensers. When I got home I always made up a solution of Hydrogen Peroxide and did a sinus rinse and gargle.

I knew going to the gym was a risk and I did everything to minimize it. And yet I still got it.

First symptoms was a scratchy throat, then a runny nose, then a sore throat, then sneezing, then an occasional mild headache, finally a cough. Basically a mild cold. Never had a fever. I really never felt bad. I continued going to the gym and working out during the onset of symptoms. Like I said, felt like a mild cold coming on.

Treatment was zinc throat lozengers which we happened to have on hand, then an over the counter decongestant/cough syrup which I only needed at night then Tylenol as needed for headache.

I still have a slight cough and sniffles but the sore throat was gone in 2 days, the others disappeared after 4 days so I don't think I need anything else.

-Did being vaxed reduce the symptoms/severity of the virus? I don't know but it didn't hurt.
-Did increasing zinc, Vit D and other vitamins help reduce the symptoms/severity or exposure? I don't know but it didn't hurt.
-Did wearing a mask help reduced the chances of catching the virus? Apparently not.
-Did the mask help reduce the exposure? Possibly or maybe the new strand is just about as dangerous as a mild cold.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

You never know...
My SIL tested positive for covid 2 days after wife and I was over. We then in the same week developed headache(1day),sore throat, cough which lasted for 10 days ( we fiq we had caught it too )

Both tested as not. Cold? Flu? who knows
Both of us are vaxed.
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We have been seeing a lot at work and church out with covid.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Well my covid symptoms went away in 5 days.

Day 1- scratchy throat
Day 2- Sore throat, runny nose, headache, tested positive
Day 3- Cough but the sore throat and headache went away
Day 4- Sneezing, cough,
Day 5- Slight Cough
Day 6-No symptoms

No one else in my family who was exposed, wife, daughter, 95 year old mother caught it.

Bottom line...While it's natural to be apprehensive about getting covid it's actually a relief to get it over with and not be that guy who died from it because of some unforeseen medical issue you may or may not have known about.

As an aside, a friend who I taught Appleseed with came down with covid the same time as me. His symptoms were quite severe and he continues to suffer. His brother, sister and father all came down with it and all three are in the hospital, with his father in ICU. None of them were vaxed.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Glad you're feeling better and it wasn't bad for you. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Glad you're feeling better and it wasn't bad for you.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Brother and sister-in-law the surgeon have it. Mild.

The statistics strongly suggest that I will contract the same very soon. Instead of joining the debates, I am just focusing on cleaning the house, lining up the canned goods to make it easier to take care of myself for a few days.