Got the Covid

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Got the Covid

Post by Bmyers »

Currently several in the office here, myself included have the cough/sneeze/runny nose. Everyone been COVID tested all negative.

I guess we are back to just having seasonal bugs.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

My sister bought a vacation house near my woods house and my brother just bought a vacation house near her on a lake. We were all up to his new house last weekend. She and her husband came down with cough, sneeze, runny nose, sore throat. We all tested negative when we came home, which got me looking at test kits again.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

https://www.covid.gov/tests

you already paid for them, might as well get them.
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I seem to be coming out of it. Went back to the gym this morning, took it easy, but was able to complete a light workout. Took about a week to get over it.

Still a snotty nose, but that could be seasonal allergies.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Covid 19. You need to check with your County Health Dept. LA County started a program and a parallel program exists in a few pharmacies of Walgreens and Rite Aid. You get tested and immediately are given prescription drugs by the government to take. There might be a slight administration charge, but the drugs themselves are free and the tests. There are locations within 6 miles of my home. A person needs to take the medicine within days.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I ended up back at the doctor and had a nasty sinus infection. Never did test positive for covid. I received 10 days of antibiotic and it took about 5 days then it started clearing up. BY day 10 I was back to normal and so far have been felling good. Went out to the farm on Saturday and spent three hours mowing and clearing up down limbs from all the storms we keep having.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

As of today, the feds will send you another 8 home tests. I gave two to relatives.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We are starting to see cases increase in our area. My secretary's husband came down sick with it.

He has severe flu like symptoms, aching, extreme fatigue, but no problems with breathing.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I've run across three people recently who got covid. Apparently covid is still a thing.

Just went and got my second booster (death shot) today. My wife and I are going to Ireland in August then coming home on a cruise via Iceland, Greenland, Nova Scotia to Boston.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

My area will have a lockdown again by the end of the month.

I keep a file of notes on the Wuhan treatments because I cannot expect my HMO doctors to be knowledgeable if I go in.
I also do not know the pharmacological list of drugs that my HMo will make available - it depends upon the category of the member. Moreover, when I have asked directly in writing to customer service, it is unable to identify any protocols. So, I plan on taking my credit card and paying for medications not on the approved list.

One brother is married to a medical doctor. She got him paxlovid. He has shaken off the Wuhan flu.