4 years on keto

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
Mac66
Board Founder

4 years on keto

Post by Mac66 »

The beginning of the month I finished 4 years on keto.

Always on diets in the past I made it to 3 years and fell off the wagon always gaining the weight back. I made it to 3 1/2 years before diet fatigue set in and I struggled a bit last summer. I gained about 15 pounds, lost it through Sept and Oct the gained it back in Nov & Dec.

I am pleased to say I am back on the straight and narrow and lost all the weight gained from Deer hunting, thanksgiving, a cruise, December birthday parties (3 of them) and the holidays.

Spent pretty much 5 days a week up at my new house since Sept so couldn't work out at the gym. Got a little soft. Been back in the gym since the new year trying to get back into the routine. The soreness is gone so I'm back on track getting stronger and in better shape.

Also am intermittent fasting to stay on track.
Last edited by Mac66 on Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
David
Administrator

Re: 4 years on keto

Post by David »

Well done! A cruise is an easy way to get a bit off track with all the food they have. Experience with that, lol.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: 4 years on keto

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:03 am Well done! A cruise is an easy way to get a bit off track with all the food they have. Experience with that, lol.
A cruise yes but it starts with deer hunting when my brothers bring out their wives best dishes, lasagna, beef stronganoff, beef stew, venison chili. etc, etc. I typically go off keto for those days.

And then there was Thanksgiving where my wife does the whole thing, just had to taste the potatoes, pumpkin pie and other non keto stuff. Then a family cruise. Then the extended family got together/dinner on a night out that happened to fall on my birthday in early December. Then a birthday party for my sister (turning 70) and my mother (turning 95) just before Christmas. Then three family Christmas parties. One with my son and DIL from the other side of the state, one with the extended family and one with the immediate family.

Then my brothers, sister and their spouses all went up to the house over New Years. First NYE party I can remember in a long time. Loads of food and drink. Had a great time.

So then I had to get back on the diet and dry out. No drinking or non keto food since Jan 2.