Maxpedition: No Excuse

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
Bob
Board Founder

Maxpedition: No Excuse

Post by Bob »

So I have 4 different Maxpedition pouches. I have to say, that as they do 2 for 1 sales fairly often, there is simply no excuse for NOT getting MAxpedition.

They are pricey at full cost. But at 1/2 price...nothing can touch them. Get two and sell one. you could MAKE money doing this!
David
Administrator

Re: Maxpedition: No Excuse

Post by David »

For a long time I felt the clones were 'good enough'. A few of them have been fairly decent but I remember one of the Versipack Fatboy clones I had broke on one of our SEP gathering hikes a few years ago. In the long run it's pretty hard to beat Maxpedition for durability and quality. Particularly in the zippers and overall material used. Every Maxpedition bag I have is still going strong and I've had most of them for quite a few years.

You can't always say that you get what you pay for, but in Maxpeditions case it's true. And yeah, if you can catch a sale or 2 for 1 then it's icing on the cake! Or Ebay. I got my Lunada for less than half the price new. It was actually mislabeled as a Remora so the deal was even sweeter since the Lunada is a bit more money. That was quite a few years ago and I'm still using it as my EDC sling bag.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

some good tactical bags. :)

(I have one as well, I do not use it as much as I use the timbuk2 messenger bag.)

Now my story started with me buying a laptop bag, then a messenger bag. I have never had an issue with them and to put mildly I abuse bags, backpacks, Satchels ect. After 10ish or so years I have finally broken both Clips and I am using just the Velcro. I should look in to seeing about getting them replaced. Not sure if Timbuck2 has a lifetime warrantee or not but I have got my monies worth out of them and have been thinking about getting another one.

The only thing I don't like to do after 3-4 years is to get a new Grid-it. They seem to get wore out to fast.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I was very tempted to buy the Entity Tech Sling Bag 7L because it's on closeout for $65. But the base shipping was almost $20 which is too much in my opinion so I passed on it.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".