Olight Obulb

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Olight Obulb

Post by Bmyers »

When I first saw these, I thought they were one of the stupidest things. Why would I need one of these? Who would use them?

Well, since we now have five of them, we have actually found them handy.

Some of the uses we have used them for:
-temp night light
-lighting the pumpkins
-placed them on the rails of the steps to light them for trick or treaters
-under the sink to light up while I was working on a drain pipe without blinding me
-when we had a brief 15 minute power outage, used them to light up bathroom, kitchen, and living

So, for what I thought was stupid little light, we have ended up using them more than I would of thought. Do they replace a flashlight or a nice lantern? No, they are for that in between need when a little light will make you life a little easier.
David
Administrator

Re: Olight Obulb

Post by David »

I didn't even know what they were so I looked them up. Yep, looks like it would make a nice subdued light source when you don't need a million lumens. Just bringing to the bathroom during a power outage would be handy.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I was in the same boat. Couldn't really picture a good use for them. Might have to pick one up next time I place an order.
I skipped the last sale because the only thing I really wanted sold out quick. It was my birthday month too. I could have gotten double points.
Bogart

Post by Bogart »

I used the metal disk provided with them and attached it to my front door between the two locks, just a tap and it's easy to see the locks to get the key in.
I thought that they were a gimmick at first too but have 4 or 5 now in various places.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought these were stupid at first and then had to eat crow once I found how useful the little things are.