One is none...

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
Bob
Board Founder

One is none...

Post by Bob »

An old pepper saying, or maybe scouts, or the army, or who cares - it is great advice.

The point is that if you only have one, if anything fails or you lose that one, you have none!

One is none
Two is one - so always have two. That's why I always say get a couple of cheap things now (not junk - just inexpensive). Then get another more expensive one.

But continuing on....

Three is for me - I generally carry three knives: A Swiss Army in my pocket, a larger knife on a clip or my belt, and yet another knife in whatever bag I'm carrying. So I have to lose my bag, my belt, and my pants to be without a knife. Not likely....The message there is don't keep things all in the same place.

But Four is more! In fact, every bag I have has some sort of knife in it. Knife is my #1 piece of gear.

Five will keep you alive. Five ways to make fire is not a bad thing: Bic, Zippo, striker, Tinder/firestarter, magnesium bar, etc...

Six is sticks. Literally - if you have five of anything you need sticks to build a shelter, weapon, cooking tripod etc.

Seven will keep you out of heaven. I have heard heaven is a pretty great place. Not ready to bet I'll end up there or to find out in person even if...

Eight is Great! Well, think about it.

Nine ids fine. Fine iOS less than great. At this point it might be getting silly.

Ten is the end. If I need ten of anything, I surrender.
David
Administrator

Re: One is none...

Post by David »

You're a poet and don't even know it :lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:03 pm I generally carry three knives: A Swiss Army in my pocket, a larger knife on a clip or my belt, and yet another knife in whatever bag I'm carrying.
So I was looking at this thread again and got to thinking. I also have a SAK Tinker on my survival key chain. I have my Byrd Crossbill clipped in my pocket. In my EDC sling bag I have my Gerber Suspension multitool that has both a straight and serrated blade. But then I remembered that I also have a brand new stainless steel Spyderco Endura just sitting in the drawer. So I went ahead and tossed it in the EDC sling bag as a back up.

Good advice :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I feel naked without a knife...or when I'm naked. Even if I have a knife.

Fire, Lights, knives...I have those all over the place.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Backups are a good thing.... do it with wine too!
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

If I find something useful, I try to get two of whatever the item is. About the only thing that doesn't apply to is lawn mower. Only have one lawn mower, but I have two weed eaters if that counts.