Trail Cameras

The section for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and all of our outdoor adventures. This section includes gardening and the harvesting of game and other edibles.
David
Administrator

Re: Trail Cameras

Post by David »

Some beautiful big cats! And the Bobcat is beautiful as well.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

1638396057276.jpg
1638396057276.jpg (80.56 KiB) Viewed 6832 times
Here's last night... throwing out the old pumpkins brings them out
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

justsaymo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:09 pm Image

A rare daytime shot

This what I found about 30 hours after those pictures were taken.

3 days later

Cats have killed about 6 Deer (and two Cows) on my property in the last 12 years. Bears get fawns every spring.

Bobcats are hard on the Turkeys and Ground Squirrels.
What, no bigfoot?
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Here's some of my old pics

That's me circled in red walking up the field

Had a visitor while cutting some wood

A large male

Momma and her cubs

Doe and fawns

Fox

Coyotes
Last edited by Mac66 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justsaymo

Post by justsaymo »

Squatch and Elk are the only things I haven't managed to get a picture of yet. Both have been seen on the property ;^)
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Porky

Foxy

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Just ordered another couple Covert cameras from KyGunCo. They had their 12 days of Christmas sale going on and I found a good deal on one of Coverts better cams. $120 (often on sale for around $100) for $65.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Just back from the new house and pulled some pics off my cams

This was last week, we had gotten 6" of snow and it was bitter cold. It was 61 degrees today. This is the buck I got a glimpse of on opening day. Good to know he made it through the season and will be back next year.

And his little brother a couple days ago,

Thus is either an Ewok or a small bear. Which ever it is this is the first one I've seen this year. That post next to it is only about 2.5' tall.

Here's an interesting shot. This is from last year but I just found it on my SD cards. Apparently the turkeys are upset at the appearance of the coyote.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

A couple more shots.

This deer has an interesting rack. Seen at 0600 on Nov 2 on one side of the beaver pond and then again on Nov 4 at 1042 on the other side.

I believe I was just up the road, maybe 25 yards away at the time but he never came around the ridge.

Last edited by Mac66 on Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I'm seriously thinking about getting one for the backyard. There are a lot of deer in the area as well as the gators. Since my backyard literally backs up to a pond in the back and retention low land to the side of the pond and conservation land beyond the pond I'm figuring there will be some activity at night.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".