Trail Cameras

The section for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and all of our outdoor adventures. This section includes gardening and the harvesting of game and other edibles.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Trail Cameras

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:42 pm Image
That's hilarious
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I'm up at the woods house, checked the cameras and putting up the new cams

The buckwheat has been cut, starting to grow up again. It will get about 3 feet tall and cut again. Eventually it will cut and plowed under to plant radishes. Nothing but does and a few small bucks on the cams.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Here's a hummingbird vid.... ( will last 24 hrs )
if you listen you can hear the hum from wings

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/librar ... 5DB_202108
Last edited by tom mac on Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

They are pretty amazing with how fast they beat their wings and how they move :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Some new trail cam pics....

A couple of small bucks and a fawn. I saw these guys with 4 doe on the field last Friday evening.

It's funny that we seen a lot of 3 point bucks like this over the years. They continue to spread their genes.

A little bigger buck...
I kept seeing and passing on a 5 pointer last year during bow season. Looks like he's back.

A couple more nice ones
I also saw a pair of 6 pointers who hung out together all the time. I wonder if these are them.

I also saw a 7 pointer and a pair of 8 pointers last year.

And big daddy...
Last edited by Mac66 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

nice pics
just seeing here a 2yr doe and then a mother/fawn around here.... no bucks at all.
You can't fix stupid !
justsaymo

Post by justsaymo »

My first camera was a Moultrie, pretty basic, about the size of Bible, held up for almost a decade. I've bought five of the Cabela's black IR cameras and been pretty happy with them. Lost two of them to Bears. Time to buy a few more.

Bears can be tough on them. This one survived.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

justsaymo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:02 pm My first camera was a Moultrie, pretty basic, about the size of Bible, held up for almost a decade. I've bought five of the Cabela's black IR cameras and been pretty happy with them. Lost two of them to Bears. Time to buy a few more.

What's that last one? Looks like a big cat dragging a carcass.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Nice pics.

All 4 of my Covert cams went belly up this summer. I replaced the first two with the Gamekeeper cams seen in my above photos. I replaced the other two with cheap chinese ones off of Amazon. I bought them based on online reviews. Next time I'm up at the new house I'll get some pics off the notebook computer I keep them on up there. They are pretty crappy compared to the Covert. Overexposed at night, slow shutter speed and any movement blurs them out.

I bought a 5th camera, a Tasco 8 mp for $30 at Walmart while I was up deer hunting. I set it up but haven't checked the photos yet. The Tasco gets good/decent reviews online. I'm hoping the pics are better than the $35 & $45 cams I bought off of Amazon. Of course it's made in China as is just about all other cams no matter the name.
justsaymo

Post by justsaymo »

A rare daytime shot

This what I found about 30 hours after those pictures were taken.

3 days later

Cats have killed about 6 Deer (and two Cows) on my property in the last 12 years. Bears get fawns every spring.

Bobcats are hard on the Turkeys and Ground Squirrels.