Simply changing tape measures has dramatically helped my wife and me

Here you can post your DIY projects or links/videos.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Simply changing tape measures has dramatically helped my wife and me

Post by Bmyers »

My wife struggled with reading a tape measure. She could get the big numbers, but since she doesn't use them on a regular bases, she wasn't proficient so she would guess at her cuts and such.

I made a simple change with a couple of our tape measures and now she cuts like a pro.

You wouldn't think that such a simple change would make that big of difference, but it has helped boost her confidence and made it easier on her.

This is the model I bought for her.

https://smile.amazon.com/CRAFTSMAN-Meas ... 195&sr=8-2
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Simply changing tape measures has dramatically helped my wife and me

Post by Bmyers »

We have been replacing the living room floor. Went from carport to vinyl flooring. My wife has finally figured out how to take measurements and is doing wonderful. It is nice seeing her grab the tape measure and getting the correct measurement, heading to the garage and cutting the piece she needs and it fits on the first try.

She is proud of herself, but I'm even prouder knowing how she use to do stuff.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

as long as it's a good true measure :)
DSCN0298.JPG
DSCN0298.JPG (143.49 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I actually read about tape measures and making sure the measurements are true or at least match each other. SO when I bought the tape measures, I checked to make sure the three tape measures we typically use all measure the same so we wouldn't run into that issue. Now, they all could be 1/8th of inch off, but as long as they are all the same 1/8th of the inch off, it keeps the measurement the same, so our three tape measures have worked.