Radio around the world

David
Administrator

Radio around the world

Post by David »

Saw this on a local gun board and it's pretty cool. Click on any of the green dots and you'll be able to listen to live radio from that location.

http://radio.garden/visit/marshalltown-ia/HaN955C4
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Re: Radio around the world

Post by bdcochran »

1. thank you David

2. I experimented and came up with a non English speaking station to which I could listen.

3. Other than "look it up" and the usual research to dead links, pay through the nose software and applicable to older operating systems, does nyone have a link to being able to play a radio station as background in Windows 10 (current release or version) while working on documents. Thank you.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

I use I "heart" radio in one of my browser tabs .... plays all the time with free if you don't mind a commercial every 5-6 songs or so

https://www.iheart.com/
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

It was really kinda cool. This morning my wife and her sister were able to listen to radio in the city they were born in (Israel). Both Arabic and Hebrew stations. I passed the link out to her side of the family.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I finally figured it out. I also speak French and other languages so I have keyed on a Parisian station that has no advertising. I have the French channel on t.v. The girlfriend watches it.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Making this a sticky in the Comms section.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

yes... Radio Garden is an interesting app
You can't fix stupid !