Constitutional Carry

For all discussion related to politics issues.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Constitutional Carry

Post by Bob »

Well...looks like this is gonna come through!

Still staying registered for purchase and travel though.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desant ... rights-law

I just seen the news article of the signing.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Yep, he signed it into law today. Goes into effect July 1st. One should not be required to pay the State for a piece of plastic to exercise a right. Hopefully this is simply a step in the right direction.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I'm assuming that out of state visitors no longer need a permit? I haven't read the law, so I don't know.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Interesting since I spend some time in Florida. On the other hand my Mich permit is accepted in FL (and other states) so not a big deal for me. However, it means my wife can carry when we are in FL so thats a good thing. She still hasn't turned in her application for a CPL in MI yet.

Our last republican governor said he wouldn't sign a con-carry law. Our current leftist gov and legislative majority will never bring it up. Although open carry is legal without a permit. Our gov is term limited so we might have a republican back in office after the next election.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:36 am I'm assuming that out of state visitors no longer need a permit? I haven't read the law, so I don't know.
Florida has reciprocity with many/most/all states that have a permit so I'm going to guess that out-of-state visitors are covered as well. But unsure, it would be worth checking into.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

From what I have read, if you are eligible to carry in your home State, then you are eligible to carry in Florida once the law goes into effect in July.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

That's nice - but just because I'm eligible to carry in Florida, does not mean I'm eligible anywhere else. Reciprocity is two-ways, and the other way depends on your registration.

The permit still has considerable value if you carry while traveling, and as mentioned, for same day purchases.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:21 pm That's nice - but just because I'm eligible to carry in Florida, does not mean I'm eligible anywhere else. Reciprocity is two-ways, and the other way depends on your registration.

The permit still has considerable value if you carry while traveling, and as mentioned, for same day purchases.
Same day purchases is a legitimate reason. Though I guess it really depends on how often you will be buying within the period of the permit being active? For folks that purchase often, perhaps it would be very convenient. For folks that may only buy once or twice then not that big of a deal. And this is only if you're buying new/used from an FFL.

As far as reciprocity, a bit of research would be in order if you're traveling out of state. Not difficult to find the information online or simply call the State police for wherever you're traveling.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I think most if not all states with constitutional carry (CC) don't restrict CC by outsiders. It applies to everyone. Having a home state carry permit helps in those state that recognize them but don't have CC.